Chap 33

Nandini could no longer tolerate his ignorance. She had had enough. She had created this distance between them, and she herself would get him back as well, no matter what.

Routine wise, Manik returned home after a tiring day and directly went to Nandini's room to check on her. It was her off day, and Manik expected to see her in the house. Manik pushed her door open and barged in not caring if he gets caught worrying about her. He searched the bathroom, the balcony, but alas! She was nowhere to be found.

He thought of calling Navya or Jeff when his eyes fell on the wall-length mirror. Not that the mirror was a new installment, but it had multiple numbers of sticky notes of various colors stuck to it.

Quickly reaching out to it, he read the one at the top, "I knew you would come here looking out for me. I know you so well you see. *smirks*" He rolled his eyes at that. But internally, he was somewhat happy for finally getting to see her jolly and always happy self back after so many days.

Anyway, he continued reading, "Okay, jokes apart, you have to meet me somewhere tonight." Well, that was a straightforward order. Unknowingly a chuckle escaped his lips.

The next one said, "There's something for you on the second shelf of your cupboard. Go grab it and do what it says next." And rest others had doodled hearts and 'I love you's. He removed all the sticky notes, stared at them with awe for some time in his hands, and smiled keeping them secured in his pocket.

Without wasting any more time, he rushed into his room and opening the cupboard, he saw a box wrapped in red paper. He gaped at the box for a couple of seconds and noticed another note to its bottom saying, "Don't you dare laugh at it! I did my best okay!" And that's when he burst out laughing.

The box looked so freaking innocently wrapped that he didn't feel like to open it. It was so perfectly imperfect. She never knew how to wrap a gift. His mind went back to memory lane when she had brought him a present on his birthday.

A twelve years old Manik sat on his bed with all the gifts surrounding him. And out of all the perfectly wrapped and sparkly gift wrappers, his attention caught the plastic Powerpuff Girls box. It had an imperfectly shaped card stuck to it with a not-so-readable handwriting.

Which said, "The sender is warning you not to laugh! I tried a lot to wrap this thing, but couldn't. I've kept the wrapping paper besides. And you can't open this gift without wrapping it first!! And yaa return the box soon. I've to take tiffin at school tomorrow!" The note was dripping with orders and warnings. He laughed already knowing who 'the sender' was.

His eyes went to the crumpled paper just by his side with bits and pieces of tapes sticking here and there, which showed how much she'd worked on it. He chuckled wrapping his gift himself and opened it again, just to find a Laddoo.

Yes, a literal Laddoo as a birthday present in her own tiffin box. Could it get any cuter?! Heck no!!

"She still can't wrap a gift properly.", He said to himself smiling. Anyway, he opened the wrapper and saw a wine red velvety jacket paired with black trousers, a plain white shirt, and a black bowtie.

"Our favorite colors..", he smiled.

", he smiled