Chap 18 (B)

Sinking in the peaceful silence, both walked side by side. Chilled wind caressing their skin creating a tingling sensation. She rubbed her palms against each other to seek some warmth and thrust them inside her joggers' pocket, just then she felt a hold around her shoulders... she knew whose it was, as it pushed her to the left side and he took the right one. It had become his daily routine now. He didn't let her walk by the side of the road, he was there, as a shield in front of her to protect her from any kind of mishap. And deep down, she kinda loved this gesture, this care... made her feel special.

Her chain of thoughts broke as she heard him speak, "You didn't tell me yet..?"

"What?"

"Why were you late today, Nandini? You weren't gonna come?"

"Ah, no-no. I was going to call you but just then Navya came home, to invite for a one-day-trip to her farmhouse this Sunday. And then I don't know when I got busy talking to her and time passed so fast.", She ended sheepishly. And soon added, "And I tried calling you 2-3 times after she left, but you didn't pick up.. maybe you had left already that's why-"

He probably didn't even hear what she said after the first sentence as he said with urgency dripping down his voice, "So you won't be jogging on Sunday, as you're leaving?", He asked like a kid to confirm if she would ditch him that day or no.

"Not only Sunday, Manik.", she informed adding up to his sorrows even more. He didn't say anything and let her complete. "I think we've to skip on Saturday as well... packing you know..", he nodded in acknowledgment.

Just then his mind clicked on 'we' she uttered, as he almost shrieked, "We? What do you mean by we?"

"Yes Malhotra, WE.", she affirmed with a hint of mischief and walked forward.

"Stop there.", he ordered sensing something fishy and added upon reaching her, "What is going on in your mind Murthy?" and whacked her head making her glare at him.

Soon her expressions took 180º turn to a seductive one as she trailed her cold palms from his broad chest to the nape of his neck making his eyes bulg out of sockets and he stood there like a frozen dead.

"You'll let your girlfriend roam around with other guys in your absence haww?", she faked.

Soon retreated back. "Manik, don't be a spoilsport na. Everyone is going with a partner. And moreover, Bhai said he was free this Sunday. Which proves you were too. So? Why not??? Infact Aryaman is gonna be there too probably. What'll he think if I go alone?", She whined like a kid does for her favorite candy.

"I thought boyfriends are possessive about their girls.. But see my ill fate.", she said as if she was highly dejected.

Manik opened his mouth to speak something when his eyes fell on a guy approaching. It was Aryaman.

"Ofcourse not baby. Never am I gonna let you go anywhere alone.", said Manik being extra sweet as he snaked his hand securely around her back, making her frown through the crimson shade that adorned her cheeks. She thought she was teasing him, but the tables were definitely turned now.

"Oh hey Aryaman.", He greeted as if he just noticed his presence & she finally understood the reason behind his diabetically sweet behavior.

Aryaman replied nothing and turned to Nandini and informed he had been returning home and as he spotted her, so thought of asking, "Are you coming to the trip?"

"Oh yes she is. That shouldn't be a question, it's her best friend's invite after all. Right Nandu? Infact we both are going together.", he ended kissing her hair.

If there was any darker shade of crimson, she was that at that very moment.

Aryaman, well he was highly dejected. Fuming in anger from inside but flashed a plastic-y smile outside

Not giving a chance to anyone to speak, Manik said, "Anyways, we're getting late. See you soon bro! At the.... Trip?! Bye."

She was still too dazed to react to anything. Deep deep down, she so badly wished what if they weren't acting?

What if the guy standing in front of her, screaming boyfriend goals was actually her boyfriend?

What if they were dating, for real?

Well the answer was the same, she'd be THE LUCKIEST.

But at the end of the day, he was pretending. What for? Her stupid idea. She cursed herself for being in a deep shit.

For him, he didn't know if what all he said or did was even necessary or not, but, he acted so possessive when it came to that guy, Aryaman. He never gave him any positive vibes at their first meet, neither any other time they crossed paths.

One thing was clear, Aryaman, was a bad mood, a negative influence.. in easy words, bad for her.

Somewhere between waiting at the Sports Complex, jogging together, talking about the highlights of the day, dropping her home, THE Sunday arrived.

And the trip, was just to begin.

They had been feeling an unknown magnetic effect pulling them towards each other since they'd met after years in a certain party.

In between shamelessly flirting and genuinely complimenting, teasing and doting, leg pulling and caring, that magnet had been getting stronger with each passing moment with each other, and that couldn't be overseen.

~•~
A/N: Firstly, I'm very very sorry for being this ignorant to this story..
Ok all fault goes to my overthinking mind.
Tbh, I'm nothing compared to the stories I read.Tbh, I'm nothing compared to the stories I read.I suffer A LOT too much from inferiority complex.
Sooo.. I kinda didn't feel like to write these days.. and was wondering why did I even start writing lol.
Anyways, apologies again.