Chap 26

Coming to his front, she jerked him closer clutching his collars, looking pointedly into his bloodshot red eyes with her watery eyes, she whispered right in front of his face as streaming tears cleansed her red cheeks, "Your words aren't justified. Your actions aren't justified. You coming closer when you wish to and leaving whenever you want is not justified. The stupid reason behind all that you're doing IS NOT FREAKING JUSTIFIED, LIEUTENANT MALHOTRA!!"

And left his collars just to surprise him further with a hard punch. Their faces were so close that he could not but think of kissing her. Killer red eyes, that grip on his collars, open lips, and their breathes mingling together, didn't help either. She kept inching closer, grip getting tighter.

Finally, their lips met, making him close his eyes in the pleasure of finally being home after so long. How much he craved for this, tears streamed down making their way out from his eyes through his cheeks. She was crying too.

Souls intertwined, tears mingled.

Reality dawned upon him. This was not meant to happen. This kiss was not gonna lead them anywhere, other than the infamous nowhere.

He pulled himself away, "We shouldn't be doi-"

She laughed sarcastically through her tears saying, "Yaa right." pushed him away by his shoulders, he stumbled back. Not that the push was hard, but he couldn't just hold himself back. She left without sparing another glance at him. He kept staring at her retreating figure.

Finally. Finally, they had a talk after 3 long weeks. He chuckled sarcastically, eyes wet.

'You had called for it.', said his heart.

"That's what I exactly wanted, right? Her hatred?!", he said to nobody. The curve of his lips increased. Eyes took a deeper shade of red.

Cabir came out looking for him since it had been long he wasn't seen in the hall and secondly, guests were sitting for dinner. Manik just wanted to leave but did otherwise. He couldn't afford to make the few people who cared for him, sad by acting selfishly.

People started leaving, only a few were left. Manik couldn't leave while others were leaving, cause Anant said him and Tara wanted to have a talk with him. Cabir was busy bidding adieu to the guests. So he thought of getting some fresh air meanwhile.

He was strolling through the narrow stone walkway in between the lawn as his mind automatically diverted to her. It had been long since he spotted her anywhere. 'Might have retired to her room. Her friends have left too, maybe that's why.', he answered to his question himself. 'Maybe', he shrugged. But she wasn't that arrogant type of a girl to leave the guests like that.

Anyways, he let go of the matter and was about to take another round, when he heard some faint voices. It was a manly voice. 'Who could be in the storeroom at this hour?', his mind clicked this question. Without thinking twice, he made his way to the source of the sound. He couldn't hear some faint words but couldn't make it out. Once reaching, he was going to push the door open when he heard a man saying, "No, I'm never gonna leave you. I want you. I want you all to myself. You're mine, just mine. I'll-" The man stopped hearing the creaking sound of the door.

Finally pushing the door open, what he saw shook him to the core.

__________

Nandini was walking back home after dropping her friends out till the gate as a strong grip on her arms pulled her towards the storeroom.

She was going to shout, but the hand left her right arm and pressed her mouth shut. She fought to get free but failed.

Once entering the storeroom, she was set free, and momentarily, she turned back to see the person, just to find him, Aryaman. He held her arms again and started blabbering how much he loved her and wanted her in his life. But, was soon slapped shut by Nandini. That intrigued him as he slapped her back, leaving marks, and gripped her arms strongly again. "Nandini, Nandini I never meant to do that. You know how much I love you right."