Chap 12

Walking side by side, misty cold wind touching their skin, stars shining bright up above, both remained silent.. leaves brushing with one another and the whistling sound of the wind, altogether made a soothing melodious sound. She, warmly wrapped around by his jacket, which had the smell of him still intact with it, that thought only made her fuzzy.

Both were walking in silence, when Manik broke the ice, "Umm.. Nandini, you talked to him at the party right?" He finally asked the question he had been dying to ask her since the time she came back from lawn in the middle of the party.

He had seen her going out with him, he had seen, the way she literally ordered him to dance with her, when her eyes fell on Aryaman. He had no idea what might've happened back then, that she was behaving that way. Not that he wanted to miss the chance of dancing with The Nandini Murthy after all haha.

She came out of her thoughts, when she heard him ask what she wasn't still prepared to answer. Her mind went back to that mess again, dragging her out those few moments of peace she was having right now.

She didn't know what to say, where to start from, "Err.."

She closed her eyes tightly and sighed deeply opening them again. She pursed to say something, but not a word came out of them.

Manik was reading her change of facial expressions. Turning to her completely as they reached Murthys' bungalow, he asked in an ever so soft, deep, husky, concerned voice, "What happened Nandini? All ok right?!"

She almost had goosebumps as his tone hit her ear drums. Her eyes snapped at him. His ocean-like, deep eyes made her calm down all the storms building up inside her.

As she managed to say, "Manik, can we meet and talk tomorrow? I'm very much tired and exhausted right now."

He could understand something was bothering her, so he didn't deny to her proposal and nodded in agreement.

"Ok so.. Dream pies, tomorrow at 4 pm?"

He again nodded saying, "Cool."

He kept standing there until she stepped in to her home. Just before she entered, much to his surprise, she turned back, smiled at him, waved him a bye and left.

He ruffled his hair before turning to make his way back to the wardroom. And a stupid, sheepish grin never left his face.

"Uhm uhm!", she heard a manly voice clearing his throat loudly to gain her attention.

"You aren't asleep yet?", she said making her way to him.

"Nandini Murthy, what is that?", cringing his brows, pointing at her dress.

She then realised she was still in his jacket. Looking back at the man she said, "Long story Pops. You won't wanna hear, you aren't tired?"

"Am I looking like an old, fragile man to you? I'm The Rear Admiral Anant Murthy you're talking to.", he said in full attitude.

"And by the way, Nandini Murthy in a guy's jacket? Seems like a breaking news!", he said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, and said in a bored tone, "Such a drama queen you are."

He laughed at that statement. "So... who's the lucky guy huh?!"

"Don't get ideas Dad.", she said.

"Ok ok little tigress. You go and get some rest.", he said and kissed her forehead, to which she smiled.

"And I just can't wait till tomorrow morning, to inform this breaking news to Tara.", he said in a childlike excitement.

She giggled shaking her head, mumbling 'You won't ever change na?' before leaving.