Epilogue-1

*Skype caller tune*

Manik's phone blasted waking him up with a jerk. He groaned rolling over on his back searching for the clock hanging on the wall in front of him, just to learn it twenty past four in the morning. He already knew who might it be as he extended his arm to grab the phone. He picked up the call turning to his right.

"Babe, I already told you, I don't want you to stress yourself baking me a birthday cake, right?", he said sleepily recalling how she'd pledged not to call him before baking the cake she'd planned to make a day back, on his birthday. As she couldn't do so due to her fucked-up-lately health. Even though, he tried pestering her not to exert herself much and take rest, as the 4 hours long chat with her on Skype was more than a birthday present to him.

Feeling her not say anything, he rubbed his eyes shoo-ing his sleepiness away, clearing his vision. He noticed she was in the washroom by the color of tiles behind her.

He asked, "You're in the toilet?!"

"Wait. You're back on your periods. Aren't you? Huh, finally! Now you can breathe stress-free, isn't it?", He said happily sitting up reclining to the headrest as he knew how worried sick both of them were about her delayed cycle last month and it had extended even longer this month.

"Now get back to the room, have the Advil and get some sleep, okay? You're too valuable for me to see you worried, sweetheart.", he said smiling softly.

"Can I get a million-dollar smile from the love of my life so I can sleep in peace now?"

His smile faded away as he noticed her eyes turning red and the phone shaking subtly. Alarmed, he straightened up trying to read through those reddening eyes.

Failing pathetically in doing so, "Baby?", his voice hoarse, that made her chin wobble and eyes misty as she held up a white thermometer kinda thing in front of the screen.

He gripped his phone tighter not really understanding if it was his hand that was shaking or hers or the one she used to hold that white thing up.

He tried forming words, but his voice failed him as he realized that thing of surely not being a thermometer. His heart thumped crazily inside his ribcage and palms turned sweaty. Words couldn't explain what actually was going on in his mind.

After what felt like a lifetime, she whispered quietly stammering, "We- we're preg- we're pregnant."

She wasn't sure if he could catch what she said, until she saw a drop of salty water rolling down his gorgeous brown orbs.

"Say that again.", his tone quivery.

By now, she was sure he'd clearly understood what she said, but wanted to hear her say the same again.

She obliged, "We're pregnant." She said a bit louder and clearer this time.

"Again?"

"We're pregnant, Manik.", she giggled through her tears.

"Again. Again."

"We're pregnant. We're pregnant. We're pregnant!!", she screamed laughing a fresh stream of tears rolled down their eyes.

"We're pregnant!", he shouted with her, trying to make himself believe that it was not any dream, but the reality.

"God! Nandini! Oh my God. OH. MY. GOD!! You've no fucking idea how badly I need to hold you in my arms so I don't collapse on the floor and kiss all the air out of your lungs so I can catch my breath." She giggled from the other end.

"Urgh! Why am I so far away from you? Why are Lebanon and India not at walking distance? Fuck! No wonder you couldn't manage a birthday cake this time. God had already planned the bestest birthday present I'd ever received and I'll ever receive in a lifetime! Nandini Malhotra, do you understand how helpless I'm feeling for not having you in my arms now? You've given me the happiness of a thousand lifetimes, love. You... you... ugh, I don't know what to say. I feel so tongue-tied."