I could hear crickets and leaves brushing. 

Bright, white light was slipping through the slits in my eyes, begging me to open them. 

Am I in heaven? I asked myself.

I squinted against the light, then slowly began to slide my eyes open. 

The lights above me were bright, but the windows in the room showed the darkness outside. Blue and white blankets covered my body, I was laying in a wooden cot. I knew I was injured, but there were no casts or slings on my body, I only assumed that there were a few bandages. 

I moved my eyes to scan the room, starting from the left and panning to the right. The room appeared empty until I reached my right side. 

Next to my bed in a single chair, sat Captain Levi. 

His right leg was crossed over his left. He wore his Scouts uniform, apart from the brown jacket. I could now see his muscular build that was peeking out through his white shirt and leather straps. He held one of his many books in his hand, reading it diligently. 

Nope, definitely in hell. 

I groaned as I tried to sit up. 

Levi yanked his eyes up from his book to me. He stood up quickly and shoved my chest back down onto the bed. 

"Are you an idiot? Don't move." He said. 

I glared at him as he slowly sat back down in his chair next to me. 

"What happened?" I asked, not wanting to waste any time on pleasantries. Not that Levi would want to either.

"You almost got yourself killed, that's what happened." He replied, anger filled his tone. 

I shifted my head to stare at him, meeting his eyes as well.

I smiled, "It sounds like someone was worried."

"Well, you're of no use to me dead." He replied, making sure to keep his facial expressions blank. 

I laughed and moved my eyes away from him. "Keep telling yourself that."

"Tch." He responded.

"So what did happen?" I repeated. 

"I saved your ass." Levi responded, once again avoiding any details.

I shifted my gaze to him once more and said "Elaborate."

He rolled his eyes and said, "I saw the smoke signal, followed it, then killed the titan before it crushed your weak body between its teeth. Happy?"

I gasped and stretched my right arm out to slap his leg. 

I grunted at the pain but still snapped, "My body is anything but weak." 

"Pffft, clearly." He replied.

"I'll have you know that I took out all five titans by myself!" I gave him a cocky grin.