40 | The Great Escape

"I think he's funny!" Chiara's voice rang in Daniel's head.

'I can't lose her.' Daniel thought as he ran with all of his might.

"Why do you guys always bully him? He's a great person!"

'I can't lose twice.'

"I know he can make one of us laugh, I believe in him!"

'Not again.'

The memory of them making eye contact came to mind, causing him to run even faster than his body was able to take. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he thought about having to go back to the conference room without the person who motivates him the most. His ears blocked out the sounds of Indigo, Josh, and the rest of the committee members' yells for him to come back. He only focused on getting back the woman he longed to be with.

After the club room was in sight, he looked around frantically for Chiara up until he saw two cars leaving. He spotted her silhouette right next to Malachi's.

"No." He said while catching his breath. "No!"

Everyone then caught up to him but they didn't crowd around him. It felt like there was a forcefield around him that prevented the group from approaching the man.

"Chiara! I told you to wait for me!"

* * * * *

"Oh my gosh, Daniel!" Chiara exclaimed as she whipped her head to look at the rearview window to see her dearly missed friend, screaming at her.

Malachi also turned around to verify that what she was looking as, was really there. Sure enough, Daniel was standing in front of the club room.

The woman then tried to get out of the car but Stanley and Damien kept her hands off the door.

"Nuh uh! Don't you remember what Indigo and that group did to you?! They only gave you stress!" Stanley yelled.

"Yeah! They don't care for you! They only needed you because you're beautiful!" Damien also yelled.

Chiara struggled under their forceful actions but Malachi took her hand, causing her to look at him and then he squished her cheeks.

"Come on, you can't leave me now. Don't you love me?" He asked, showing the biggest puppy eyes known to man kind.

This time, she didn't blush.

This time, she didn't feel embarrassed.

This time, the butterflies that she felt around this man before, flew away.

She looked to her left side, out the rearview mirror to see Daniel's figure slowly fading. She then felt a heaviness in her heart.

The changed woman looked back towards the man who was staring deep into her periwinkle eyes.

"Eyes on the road." She smirked.

"Huh-" When he looked towards the road, he noticed that he was quickly approaching Ai's car.

"No!" Damien yelled.

"Get back to your hangover!" She yelled.

Chiara took this opportunity to slap his hand off her face, unlock the door and roll out of the car. Malachi slammed on the breaks, hoping that he wouldn't crash but it wasn't fast enough to stop the car from colliding with the vehicle in front of it.

"Chiara!" Daniel yelled as he ran towards the limp member. He picked her up gently and held her head close to his chest. "Come on! You have to wake up!"