15 | Quiet and Boring Do Not Mix

"Hey! Anthony!" Daniel calls from afar.

The two were hanging out today since none of the girls were available.

"Hello Daniel." Anthony smiled politely as he leaves the elevator. "Your planet sure is... pale."

"And I assume your planet is aquamarine?" Daniel bursts out laughing but Anthony just stands there awkwardly.

"Let's just go." Anthony says as patted the other guy's back.

After a few minutes of walking, they reach a park.

"Hey, I actually need to talk to you." Anthony speaks up.

"Really? I needed to talk to you too." Daniel says in an awkward tone.

"Let me guess, do you need help with your jokes?" Anthony laughs but this time, Daniel was the one that didn't laugh. "That's weird, you didn't laugh at a terrible joke."

"Do you really think that lowly of me?" Daniel chuckles while looking down.

"What? Of course not!" Anthony defended. "I just thought since you come from Alabaster, you would find those types of jokes funny is all."

"Well I don't." Daniel says in a firm tone. "Some people don't act like what they're supposed to sometimes." He mumbles under his breath.

"What do you mean?" Anthony says.

Daniel sighs but shakes his head. "Nothing, never mind."

"Ah, alright then."

They continue to walk through the pale park with an awkward atmosphere hovering above them.

"You know Daniel, if you need to talk to me about anything, I'm always here for you." Anthony flashes a smile.

Daniel just chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm fine, really."

"Really? Cause earlier, you said you needed to talk to me about something. And also, you're a pretty bad liar." Anthony remarks, finally earning a laugh from Daniel. "Finally! You laughed!"

"Cause that was terrible." Daniel says.

"Just like how you're supposed to act." Anthony smiles.

Another moment of awkward silence hung over the two.

"Do you like Chiara?" Daniel asked out of nowhere.

Anthony's eyes went wide at the sudden question. He then chuckled awkwardly. "Where did that question come from?"

"Don't try lying! Just tell me!" Daniel yelled.

It took some time for Anthony to think of the answer but Daniel already knew what he would say.

Daniel sighs. "I knew it."

"Is that a bad thing?" Anthony raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, because I'll never give her to someone like you!" Daniel declared.

Anthony stands there in shock. "I'm sorry? I don't think I heard you correctly. You won't give her away to someone like me?"

"I won't!" Daniel puffs.

Anthony just chuckles. "That's cute."

Daniel's eyes went wide. "You're so weird!"

But Anthony just knocked him on the back of the head. "Not like that you idiot."

"I knew that." Daniel says as he rubs his head.

"But still, you won't give her away?" Daniel raises an eyebrow. "Who said she was yours in the first place?"

Daniel gasps. "You wouldn't!"

"Who's stopping me?"

"Me!"

Anthony scans the man up and down. "You? You're going to stop me?"

"You won't get her that easily."

"This isn't an object we're talking about." Anthony reminded. "And besides," He pauses. "Don't you remember that you're from the plain planet?"

"That doesn't mean anything!" Daniel says.

"It definitely shows." He bit back.

"Even though you guys yell at me for being boring, Chiara laughs at my jokes." Daniel smiles at the memory of her laughing.

"First of all, it's just Jocelyn that bullies you," Anthony corrected. "And second, I'm sure she is."

"I know a real laugh from a fake one!" Daniel screams. "You're truly a terrible person."

"And yet you still consider me your best friend."

"Just watch as me and Chiara lift the ban!"

"I bid you good luck, then."

"You really don't know what an argument is." Daniel charged at the taller man but was stopped by Anthony with just once finger.

"I'd like you to know," Anthony leaned forward slightly to face the shorter man and smiled menacingly. "That I'm not usually the type to feel possessive, but this is someone that I wouldn't want to lose." He says as he walks away back to the elevator.

"Anthony!" Daniel yelled with all his might, letting all his frustrations out, now knowing if he just won or lost.