9 | 'She'

"Ow!" Renee yelled as she held her head, abruptly stopping the laughter in the room. "What was that for Jocelyn?!"

"That wasn't me!" The other woman defended.

A mysterious woman sat down at the head of the table. "We're starting our meeting, it would be much appreciated if it was a little more quiet." She said with monotone.

"That's 'She'." Daniel whispered to Chiara.

The new member took account of the dark aura around the small woman. "Despite her being really young, she has a scary atmosphere." She whispered back.

"We always break under pressure when it comes to negotiating with her."

"She's that scary?"

"Oh yeah, don't underestimate her." Daniel said with a chill going up his spine.

"Why were we called here?" Jocelyn asks.

"Patience, we'll get there." 'She' responded as she takes out papers.

"Don't tell me we have to sign all of our members acceptance documents again." Anthony complained.

"It's already that time of year?" Daniel raised an eyebrow.

"I thought it didn't come for another 2 months?" Jocelyn says.

"What are you guys talking about?" Chiara asks.

"Oh! Every year we go through all of our members documents and review them to see if they'll remain in our planets or transferred." Renee explained. "Wait, you've never signed your members' documents?!"

"Uh." She laughed nervously.

"How are they all still there then?" Renee scratched her head with confusion.

"Ah, you're Chiara." 'She' says as she looked into Chiara's periwinkle-colored eyes.

"Yes ma'am." She replied politely.

"Representative from Planet Periwinkle?" She asked to verify.

"Yup." Chiara says with a nervous smile.

"You've must've heard me or something." 'She' laughs. "Because I would've recruited someone else personally to represent your planet."

"Okay," Jocelyn stands up while pointing at the nameless woman, trying to think of what to call the leader in front of her. "you, it's her first day here, don't you think that was a little rude?"

"Representative of Planet Crimson, calling your dear ruler rude, that's something you don't see everyday." 'She' laughs.

Jocelyn then sat back down awkwardly.

"Well, welcome Chiara, I hope your first meeting will be a memorable one." The ruler taps the stack of paper on the table. "Now, who wants to present the first proposal?"

"We were supposed to prepare a proposal?" Chiara whispered to Renee.

"Yeah, but since this is your first time, just watch us."

"What are these proposals about?" The newbie asks.

"They can be about anything! These are like requests to make our planets better. We usually start off with ones that we need personally then get to the love ban topic." The youngest whispered.

"I have one!" Jocelyn raises her hand. "This is a leadership proposal."

"As always." Anthony rolled his eyes.

"Shush." She snarls at the older member. "Our members have been in frequent disputes about their personal leadership skills so I want them to have this feeling of challenge."

"Don't you guys always feel challenged?" Daniel asked.

"Shut up!" Jocelyn glared.

"So, what are you asking?" 'She' yawned.

"Can we put up an electric board where it shows each members leadership skills put into points?"

"That was so stupid." Renee rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah? I want to hear your proposal then Renee." Jocelyn crosses her arms.

"Okay!" Renee excitedly stands up. "My request is to have one main building for each city in my planet, so we can all come together and party since a house or apartment is too small for a true party!"

"Your parties aren't true parties?" Jocelyn's eyes went wide.

"So you can show up to our meetings all hungover again? I don't think so." Anthony says. "Besides, look, your banana bag is still under the table."

"But I'm completely sober now!" Renee defended.

"Nothing will compare to my proposal." Anthony turns to the ruler. "You're going to have to accept mine."

"We're not getting any younger here." Daniel spoke up.

Anthony gave a look to the other member. "It's a proposal for a new mode of transportation!"

"What do you mean?" 'She' asks with curiosity.

"All the other planets have cooler modes of transportation, but I have to use a motorcycle to get to these meetings."

"Excuse me, are you complaining over a motorcycle?! I have to use a skateboard sometimes to get here and that's only if I'm sober!" Renee crossed her arms.

"Yeah, we want practical things for our planets and you're only thinking about yourself." Daniel shakes his head.

"Conceited much?" Jocelyn clicked her tongue.

"I'm sure that's not what he meant-" Chiara attempted to defend her new friend but sadly failed.

"We always come back with something new for our planet, but I don't think we'll come home with anything this time." Renee put her head down onto the table.

"If you guys can come up with a decent proposal, then maybe I'll reconsider." 'She' crossed her arms. "Daniel, I haven't heard your proposal yet."

Daniel looks over to Chiara and felt a lightbulb flash in his head. He put his feet onto the table. "I have a proposal." He gets into a relaxed position. "I have a proposal to let me go home." He says, earning a giggle from Chiara.

"If you think you're being funny, you're not." 'She' said with eyes that are saying 'don't mess with me'.

"It was worth a shot." He stretched his arms.

"So no one has a new proposal for me?" 'She' looks around the conference room.

The representatives look at each other to see who would bring it up first.

Chiara noticed everyone's worried expressions and decided to take the chance. "Wait!"