8 | Smile

"When is the meeting going to start?" Renee spun in her seat.

"Be patient, I'm sure 'She' will arrive soon." Anthony sighs.

"What's she like?" Chiara asked.

"'She' is the ruler of Galaxy Azurite. The person in charge of these meetings. Definitely someone you don't want to mess with." Anthony explained with a smile.

"And the only person I'm okay with being the leader." Jocelyn says as she tapped the table.

"I feel bad for your roommate." Anthony changed the subject.

"Why do you say that?" Jocelyn raises an eyebrow.

"You just seem so demanding most of the time, props to her for tolerating all of it." He explained.

"Oh yeah! Ainsley's still your roommate right?" Renee sits up straight.

"Yeah." Jocelyn nods. "But I actually try really hard not to push her over, but I guess she respects me since I'm one of the members of the Azurite Committee."

"You don't bully her or anything?" Anthony asked with a surprised tone.

"Okay, just because I'm from Planet Crimson, doesn't mean I'm mean 24/7." She argued.

"That's surprising." Daniel muttered, earning himself a glare from Jocelyn.

"You know there's a thing called the power of choice?" Chiara also changed the subject.

"What?" The three of them say.

"The power of choice, the ability for an individual to decide for themselves." The new woman explained.

"That exists?" Renee says in a confused tone.

"Yeah! That's why everyone has their individual personalities, because they all think for themselves from time to time! Sure, they have their tendencies to act like what their planet asks for, I am guilty, but look!" Chiara stands up from her seat. "Jocelyn, you're not feeling angry right now are you?"

"Not really, I'm actually pretty calm for a change." Jocelyn says.

"And Renee, you don't have the urge to party right now right?"

"Not after last night, but wowie was last night a blast though." Renee laughed as she played with her banana bag.

"Anthony, you've been pretty active in socializing just now."

"That's only because I'm used to being around you guys." Anthony muttered as he shrugged his shoulders.

"And Daniel," Chiara smiles at Daniel. "You're not all that boring you know."

"What?!" The three of them yell.

"What?" He says with a slight smile.

"Yeah! We've all been acting like the opposite of our planet's personalities, but why can't we feel the opposite of what this galaxy asks of us? You know, like love!" Chiara demands.

"First of all, nice transition." Anthony smiled at the new face. "And second, none of us were able to successfully convince her to lift the ban."

"It's been a long journey but I think we're finally getting through to her!" Renee says positively.

Jocelyn put a hand on the youngest member's shoulder. "Don't get ahead of yourself." She said sympathetically.

"But why is there a love ban, and why is my planet the one that has it the worse?" She crosses her arms.

"Because you guys are too precious to have your minds corrupted." Daniel says out of nowhere.

Everyone looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Is that so?" Chiara asked in an innocent tone.

"I overhead the ruler talking to herself after the last meeting, she doesn't think you guys are capable of having the knowledge of another world." Daniel explains.

"Well, that's interesting." Jocelyn laughed.

"No, that's mean!" Chiara sits in her chairs, crosses her arms and pouts.

"She's so cute!" Renee screams.

"Yeesh a 21 year old fan girling over a, how old are you?" Jocelyn asks.

"26." Chiara laughs.

"Oh shoot! Renee you've got to chill with that." Jocelyn said with wide eyes.

"I can do whatever I want. Freedom of choice!" Renee says.

"Now you're getting the hang of it." Chiara smiles. "Okay but seriously, I've always wanted to experience this 'love' thing. What's so bad about learning new things?"

Jocelyn flashed an evil smile. "Daniel, why don't you explain to Chiara why her planet can't know about this thing called 'love'."

"Me?! Why me?!" Daniel protests.

"Why not?" Jocelyn glares.

Daniel walks up to Chiara and whispers incoherent words.

"That isn't so bad! Why couldn't we know those things?!" Chiara yells.

"What did you tell her?" Anthony raises an eyebrow.

"Anything but the truth!" Daniel whispers loudly.

"Ugh! It would've been interesting to see her reaction if she knew." Renee grumbles.

"You're messed up." Anthony replies to Renee.

"If 'She' won't tell her, then I have no right to tell her." Daniel crosses his arms.

"Speaking of which, when is she coming?!" Jocelyn complained.

"You know, there's a rumor that 'She' hears all." Renee says in a spooky voice.

"You suck at scaring us." Anthony says in a bored tone.

"It's true! You think I'm kidding?" Renee stood from her chair.

"Yeah yeah, sure." Jocelyn scoffed.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Chiara asked with curiosity.

"See? At least someone is interested." Renee turns to Chiara. "There's a rumor that's going around that 'She' can hear everything that goes on within Azurite."

"Really?" Chiara says with curiosity.

"She must have a hard time listening to your planet then." Jocelyn mutters.

"No one asked." Renee clicks her tongue. "Anyway, she's probably listening to us right now."

"Yeah, and if she was smart, she'd knock you in the head right now." Daniel says out of nowhere.

The conference room went silent.

"If you were trying to be funny, it didn't work." Renee straightforwardly said.

Chiara obviously felt bad so she spoke up in attempt to make him feel better. "Hey Daniel," Chiara puts his hands into hers, causing him to turn bright red. "You can make a funny joke right?"

It took a couple seconds to think of something but he ended up stuttering.

"It's useless, there's no point in asking him." Anthony pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's not! I know he can make one of us laugh, I believe in him!" She turns to the representative in front of her. "Come on, you can do it."

Daniel smiles and all of a sudden everyone started laughing but Chiara.

"Did you say something?" She asked the guy, confused.

"No?" Daniel says also in a confused tone. Then he turned to the rest of the group. "What's so funny guys?"

"You smiled!" They all yelled while laughing.