Chapter 2: What Greater Test Subject?

Start from the beginning

***3RD PERSON POV***

Y/N had adorned his Plague doctor mask and hat, he refrained from using the cowl and uniform. Instead, he wore a rather dapper lab coat he "liberated" from a former "colleague".

The lab coat was dyed all black as it was originally a pure white. He cared little for stains and the black tinted helped conceal dried blood, flaky powder, and questionable patches of liquid.

Y/N had spent 4 hours dissecting toads, grinding their bones, and....as he puts it..."Injecting my beautiful fluids into unsuspecting rats"

After observing the aforementioned rats he injected with a serum, Y/N brought out his "Not A Diary" from his endtable and began to take notes.

Y/N: "Aha...it seems the serum is coming along nicely...good good" He thought as he scratched his beak

Y/N had been working on this serum for many decades and it was finally beginning to show the fruits of his labor. Countless blood, sweat, and tears came of this "project" of his....the blood, sweat, and tears not belonging to himself of course.

Y/N was more than satisfied. Previously he had suffocated, decapitated, disemboweled, and amputated most of the rats to test his theory on this serum to it's fullest.

As he began to watch his serum take effect over the dead rats, he smiled in glea. His smile was of course, concealed behind his mask. If one was rather observant, they might be surprised to see the leather on the mask stretched ever so slighlty near the corners of where the mask began.

The rats started to twitch as their bodies contorted and reformed themselves. The live rats that were injected, began to convulse and die. The writhed in pain and seemed all but dead. Clearly they were in great and unimaginable pain, but it mattered not to the Plague Doctor.

After the "dead" rats were done reforming, they began to go about their normal routine. Scouring for food that Y/N had hidden in their cages, drinking from water tubes, and even gnawing on the steel bars of their prisons.

Once the "live" rats were done convulsing and done foaming, they too went on with their mediocre lives.

Y/N: "OH HOW MAGNIFICENT! IT FINALLY WORKS!" Y/N screamed in joy

Y/N: "O-o-ohhhh~! I'm so relieved! Now, the final step, PUT MY CURE TO USE OF COURSE~!♡"

Y/N then began to make a new batch of the serum, this time however, he strengthened the dosage of his concoction.

Y/N: "A large scoop of: mowa!" He cried out as he added a spoonful of void salts

Y/N: "A dash of: Ta-Da~!" He pleaded while adding in a vial of Succubus Saliva (please don't ask how he got it, it triggers his PTSD)

Y/N: "And of course~" He exclaimed while dumping a bowl of a previous mixture of various alchemical ingredients he "brewed" earlier.

Y/N: "And for the grand finaleee~!" Y/N said in anticipation "The blood of a demi-god infant~"

Y/N scratched the nape of his neck as he apologetically explained: "Hehe...uhm, I can explain that last one...Buuuut I'm not going to"

Once his concoction was prepped and ready, Y/N pulled out a comically large syringe and extracted his masterpiece

Y/N held the syringe in a intimate embrace that would make The Goddess Of Love: Mara flustered.