Chapter IV

"Come on Camz! Nearly there." Lauren cheered on as Camila carefully used a stick to fish Lauren's car keys.

"Shut up." Camila glared as the older one pouted and stayed quiet.

"I was trying to encourage you." Lauren huffed. Camila had successfully placed the key on the stick, what she needed now is to gently pull the stick out the ignition and the window.

"Camz! Camz!" Lauren called out as she pats Camila's shoulder. Camila suddenly drops the stick and the keys remained stuck on Lauren's car.

"Oh my God! What is it?!" Camila exclaimed clearly frustrated. It was currently 4:30 am, She's been attempting to get the keys for almost 15 minutes now.

"There were shooting stars!" Lauren exclaimed excitedly. Camila literally face palmed herself. This very woman is a mixture of a badass and a kid.

"Lo, I nearly got the keys. You made me drop it." Camila frowned. Lauren looked at her and frowned.

"I'm sorry. I was excited with you seeing the shooting stars." Lauren explained. Camila placed her hand on the older one's cheek.

"I know, but we need to get home somehow. I need to clean this cut." Camila replied. Lauren felt something when Camila gently touched her cheek again. The same electricity that she felt when she hugged her and placed her hand on that cheek the very first time. Lauren's breath got caught up on her throat.

"You didn't have to fight them for me." Camila said softly. Lauren's face turned red when Camila's eyes locked on hers. She shook her head and looked away.

"I had to; those bastards were harassing you. Plus, I know Taekwondo." Lauren said as she looked away. A few seconds of silence, her car suddenly beeped and the doors opened.

"Yes! Thank you so much!" Lauren cheered. She opened the car door for Camila and rushed to the other side once she closed the passenger's side.

"Camz! I can finally take you home." Lauren smiled as she entered her car.

"Oh no." Camila said out loud as she opened her phone that she grabbed from the back seat.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked.

"We can't go back yet." Camila said as she continued to scan her phone.

"Why? What happened?" Lauren asked worried.

"There's an encounter a somewhere behind us. Look!" Camila said as she showed Lauren her phone.

"It's them, but who are those?" Lauren asked as she pointed at the other cars. It was shown there that the goons chasing them were armed guys.

"Probably back-ups." Camila said.

"Are you ok with going to Malibu with me? I live there." Lauren offered.

"How certain am I that you're not going to kidnap me?" Camila joked.

"We just met a few hours ago but I took a hit for you." Lauren chuckled.

"It's fine with me Lo. Can I sleep there for a while?" Camila asked.

"Yes, of course Camz." Lauren smiled as she started driving. Camila's phone then rang.

"Camila? Where are you?" Sinuhe's voice spoke up.

"Mami, I'm with my friend at the moment, I'm at her place." Camila lied. She knew if her Mom found out she's minutes away from their residence she'll panic.

"Where exactly?" Sinuhe asked. Camila remained silent.

"Why did you call?" Camila asked.