Right Person, Wrong time

The two were laying on Suri's couch, facing each other, both looking at their phones, in some comfortable silence not really wanting to say anything or do anything. It was almost 2:30, but they both weren't sleepy. Hyunjin's eyes kept going back and force from Suri to his phone, trying to get her attention, but she was focused on whatever was on her phone. Hyunjin finally decided to talk as his plan wasn't to come and sit in complete silence with her. 

"Nice necklace by the way." Hyunjin didn't move his eyes from his phone, not wanting to see her reaction. 

"Oh really?" Suri couldn't help but smile, her attention now fully on Hyunjin. "Got it for my birthday. I don't know who it was from though." Hyunjin smirked, knowing pretty well that she was playing around. 

"Oh really?" He mocked her, causing her to put her phone down, sitting crossed legs, looking at him with a grin, causing him to copy her. "You know what's funny?" 

Suri looked at him confused, waiting for him to say whatever he had to say. "I have the same one." Suri's smile grew brighter if that was even possible, as he moved his t-shirt showing her the same star necklace. "Do you want to know why I got us matching stars?" Suri shook her head, the smile on her face not going anywhere.

 "I got you a star so you can always remember me, in your darkest days, you'll look down at it and know that I'll always light the way for you, I'll always light your way for you, even if we were far away. I got one for myself too, because you're my star, you were always my star, even when I didn't want you to be around me, you were still there for me. You made my life brighter and even if I gave you a lot of hard times, you were still my star." 

"Hwang Hyunjin- Where is this coming from?" 

"My heart." Suri giggled, looking down at her necklace, before looking back at Hyunjin. 

"Thank you, Hyunjin." The guy rolled his eyes at her, jokingly. 

"Is that all you have to say to me? I just literally called you the star in my blah blah." Suri knew pretty well that Hyunjin was just joking. The guy was 100% sure that he meant so much to her, and she didn't have to say anything for him to know. "Should you tell me how much you love me?" 

"I love you." Suri leaned to wrap her arms around his neck, hugging him, but only pulling away when she felt him not hugging her back. "Are you okay?" Hyunjin's smile was gone, causing the girl to look at him weirdly. 

"Do you think- No wait, forget about it." 

"No, I'll not forget about anything." Suri held Hyunjin's hand in both of hers, but he only shook his head. "Hwang Hyunjin." 

"What with you saying my full name?" Hyunjin tried to change the subject, but Suri wasn't that stupid. 

"Hyunjin." 

"I just- What if I told you before him?" 

"Hyun-"

"I know we promised not to talk about this, but I can't help but think about it Suri." Hyunjin pulled his hands away from Suri, getting up from the couch, but she didn't move from her place. "I know I promised you not to rush into things, but it breaks me knowing that I could've saved you from all of this if I just maned up." 

"And you know that even if you did, my heart was with Jisung back then." Hyunjin let out a sigh, turning back so he can sit back on the couch beside Suri. 

"I'm sorry, I just- I just think about this a lot. I know me and you talked about it before and I know you're not ready for something new, but you know, just a thought." Suri sighed not really having anything to say, or maybe preferring not to say anything, not wanting Hyunjin to feel guilty. 

--

*The day before Suri left the dorm*

"That's the last bag right?" Chan asked grabbing the bag as Suri nodded at him. "You're sure you don't want to come with us?" Chan, Changbin and EunTae were on their way to her new house with most of her stuff. 

Suri shook her head, smiling softly at Chan, although it was still hard for her to smile like that. "I want to spend some time here." Chan put down the bag and walked over to her, grabbing her face softly between his hands, kissing her forehead. 

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise you." Suri nodded her head at him, wrapping her arms around his torso. They pulled away and Chan made his way back to the bag leaving the room. Suri was about to sit on her bed, when the door was opened once again. 

"Sorry for not knocking. I just saw Chan leaving so I thou-" 

"Hyunjin, its okay." The guy nodded, unsure of what he wanted to say. He only stood there, looking at her while she was busy looking through her old drawer. She turned to look at him, but he quickly turned his head quickly as they made eye contact. "Hyu-" 

"I want to talk to you." He quickly said, cutting her off. Suri turned her full attention on him, watching him as he sat on the edge of her bed, following him, but only for him to get up leaving her sitting down on the bed. 

"Hyun, You know you can tell me anything. W-"

"I love you." 

"Hyunjin, no-"

"No, I- I've loved you for too long, and I'm always late, always bad timing, always not-"

"This is a bad timing your not fixing anything." Suri was able to feel her tears almost making contact with her cheeks, but she quickly got up from her now old bed, giving Hyunjin her back.

"Its not fair. First it was Minho, then Jeno and Jis-"

"No, First it was you not talking me and treating me like shit, then it was you dating another girl, then kissing me and ghosting me, Hyunjin you're always late and you do have bad timing, because if you can't tell I just broke up with my boyfriend who was also my best friend and I'm pretty sure I just lost him forever, after he turned my life into hell-"

"I can fix you." 

"No you can't. You can't, and even if you're able to I don't want you to. I want to fix myself, I want to focus on myself and I want to be a little bit selfish for once." Hyunjin walked over to the girl who was now looking at him, tears falling from both of their eyes.

"I love you. I swear I do. Ever since-" 

"He told me that too." Suri took a long breathe, knowing pretty well that she can't take any resets. "He promised me that he won't hurt me, and you know what? Surprisingly he did, and I can't trust anyone anymore. Hyunjin-" 

"He fucked up-"

"You did too. You didn't do anything right, at all. Hyunjin, maybe you are the right person, but your timing is always wrong and maybe Jisung was the wrong person at the right time. I keep hurting myself, and if you're saying that you really love me, then wait for me." 

"I will. I promise you, I will. Maybe I am the right person, so let's find the right time together. Lets do this together." Hyunjin now had his hands on the girl's shoulder, resting his forehead on hers. 

"I'm sorry-" 

"Stop apologising. I am sorry, for not knowing the right time, for never knowing the right time. I promise you that I'll be here for you, all the way and even if you don't want me to be the right person for you, I promise to be the happiest person for you, Riannon Lee. You're not going to lose me, ever." Suri wiped Hyunjin's tears with her sleeves, wrapping her arms around him as he wrapped his around her waist, both of them crying on the other's shoulder.

"I don't want to lose you, Hyunjin." 

"You're not going to. I promise you, Rian."