Heaven and Hell

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Mr. Steve Barnes?"

"Yes, it is, may I ask who's calling?"

"This is the National Hospital. Your Husband, Bucky was in an accident and is in critical condition and we're unsure if he'll make a recovery."

"Can I see him?"

"Yes, but he will not be able to speak, and he might not be able to open his eyes. He's connected to a lot of machines and a few IV's. When he came in, he was saying something about surprising his children at school? Mister Rodgers, do you have children together?"

"Yes, three boys. They're in school. I'm on my way right now. Do not let him die, Doctor. DON'T LET MY FUCKING HUSBAND DIE!"

*.*.*.*.*.

*BZZT BZZT*

Liam, I'm not home. Your father is in the hospital. Pick up your brothers and meet me at the National Medical Center. Now.

Liam's stomach dropped at the text. Quickly, he grabbed his things and ran out of the classroom and to Zayn's classroom, ignoring the teacher's words of protest and confusion. Once there, Liam opened the door and called for Zayn to pack his things and come with him.

"Mr. Barnes?! What is the meaning of this intrusion?!" Zayn's teacher asked.

"Family emergency! Come on Z, we have to pick up Ni." Liam said to the almost silent classroom. Zayn finished getting his stuff and said a quick bye to his teacher. The two ran out of the school to go pick up their younger brother.

"What happened?" Zayn asked as he and Liam drove to Niall's school. It was a short drive since it was only five minutes away.

"Dad's in the hospital." Liam said holding back his tears. Zayn on the other hand started to panic.

"Wait, w-why?!" Zayn asked wide eyed.

"I-I don't know. Pops just said that dad's in the hospital and to meet him there." Liam said as he pulled up to Niall's school.

*.*.*.*.*.

"Where is my husband?!" Steve yelled as he ran up to the receptionist.

"Sir, please calm down, tell me your name and who you're looking for." She tried to soothe. Steve was clearly frantic, but he tried very hard to calm down.

"I-I- my name is Steve Barnes. I'm- I'm looking for my husband Bucky Barnes. He was in an accident. The doctor said that he was in critical condition, but I could see him. Please." A single tear rolled down Steve's cheek as the nurse told him the room number. Steve easily found the room and knocked on the door before entering and almost dropping to his knees.

 Bucky was laying in the bed with an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, wires all over his chest, and IVs in both of his arms. Steve gingerly walked over to his husband and held his hand, but Bucky didn't move. The three boys soon came in and the sight of their horrified faces made Steve break down crying even harder. He didn't want his kids to see their father die.

*.*.*.*.*.

"Harry, my right-hand angel. I need you to do me a favor please." God herself said.

"Yes ma'am?" Harry replied.

"Haz, I told you to call me Ariana. That ma'am stuff is too formal." She spoke. Yes, as you may have noticed, God is a woman.

"Sorry, what do you need me to do Ariana?" Harry smiled.

"So, a man by the name of Bucky Barnes got into a car accident and I heard that my less... wholesome, sister Satan is sending one of her fallen angels to kill him and bring him to hell. That man has never done anything wrong to anyone during his life and he was even on his way to surprise his three sons at their schools. I need you to protect that man and his family. They're all good people and other than quite a bit of swearing, they're not sinners. Can you please do that for me?" Ariana asks.