Mango boy

Louis was a simple boy with a simple life

Louis was a simple boy with a simple life. He played sports, he went to school, he loved his friends and family, and oh, he was gay. It was no secret, as he was very open about it and unafraid to be himself. And as any other boy his age, he had a crush on someone in some of his classes. He's a little new to the school but Louis was determined to at least make a new friend.

*.*.*.*.*.

Louis's POV

It was Wednesday morning when I walked into my favorite class: art with Mx. Johnson. They're my favorite teacher because their class is always fun. They let us listen to music, work with each other, and we even go on field trips every other month. Also, since Mx. Johnson is non-binary; their classroom is a well-known safe space. 

"Good morning, Mx. Johnson!" I said with a grin. They faced me briefly and plastered their own smile across their face.

"Good morning, Louis!" They smiled quickly then went back to what they were working on. I took my seat and used my phone until class started. 

As I put my phone away, I heard someone sit in the chair next to me. The next thing I knew, an overwhelming smell basically assaulted my nostrils. The smell was really sweet and... fruity? I looked up and almost fell out of my chair. It was him. Harry Styles. The cutest boy in the entire school and my current and hardest crush. My eyes widened and my breath may have caught because he was not here last class.

 "U-umm, hi!" I said without thinking. The boy with the long curly hair turned toward me and put on a polite smile.

"Hi." He said back. I hadn't sat next to him before, and he was quiet, so I hadn't really heard his voice before. Its depth honestly shocked me a little bit. I quickly gathered my composure and spoke again.

"I'm Louis. I don't think I've seen you in this class, before?" I said more like a question.

"I'm Harry, and no, you haven't. I just transferred into this class because my last one wasn't for me." He said back. We began talking about this class and how everyone considers it a safe space. I also told him about Mx. Johnson and how they like to run the class.

"Alright class, now that you've all had time to conversate with your friends, I believe it's about time I give you all your assignment for today." Mx. Johnson said. They gave us our work and allowed us to work with someone around us. 

"Would you like to work together? I was quite enjoying our conversation a few minutes ago." Harry asked with a big smile showing off his big dimples. God he is so cute!

"Yeah! Let's do it!" I said matching his excitement and smiling back.

*.*.*.*.*.

Later that day, I decided to text my best friend, because I didn't see him at school today.

Me: ZAYN MALIK! 

Me: WHERE WERE YOU TODAY?! 

Zaddy M: Calm down, Lou. I had a doctor's appointment today