Superpowered

In the year 2834, the genetic mutations known as "superpowers" were created and given to 50 women and 50 men. There was shapeshifting, invisibility, telekinesis, flying, and so many more. Those people had to go through intense training in order for them to control it. On their last day of training, the scientists who gave them these abilities, told them that if they had children, they too will be able to do what they could do. It will be difficult to control at first, so it was their choice whether they wanted to bring their children to a modified version of the training course that they just went through or if they want to do it themselves.

The women and men agreed and went to live their live as the wanted. Most got jobs, settled down or became very successful. Others fell off the face of the earth. But this story isn't about somebody's parents, It's about their kids.

*.*.*.*.*. In the year 2869

"Louis! You're going to be late again!" Mum yelled. As you may have guessed, she was one of the people who had shapeshifting powers. I think her favorite thing to do with shapeshifting in to change colors when she's upset. I'm Louis. I have two younger sisters and my mum's pregnant. She can't shapeshift that well when she's pregnant, so she tries not to. My stepdad and I help her out as much as we can, but it is tiring.

"I'm right here mum, don't worry. I already packed their lunches and they're dressed. I got them, you deal with dad and yourself. I'll drop them and we'll get breakfast on the way. Okay?" I said to her.

"Oh, thank you Honey. We'd be lost without you." She said, then gave me a hug. After she let go, I called for Lottie and Fizzy so I could take them to McDonalds before we went to school. I was a senior, Lottie was a sophomore, and Fizzy was a freshman so we all went to the same school.

We arrive with fifteen minutes to spare. Lottie and Fizzy go one way and I go the other.

*.*.*.*.*.

At lunch I sit with my friends. There's Whitebread Leprechaun, Dj Mystery, Daddy Payne Train, and Froggy Cupcake. Better known as Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Harry. Only Zayn knew of my abilities, and he agreed to keep it a secret. He wasn't even supposed to find out. He walked in on me flying in my room one day. Yes, I could fly along with shapeshift. It was actually really fun flying around the house and the backyard.

"Louis, are you even listening to me?!" Niall asked.

"No, I wasn't. What happened?" I said truthfully Niall playfully glared at me and rolled his eyes.

"We were discussing what we were going to do this weekend. What do you want to do?" Niall explained. 

"I'm down for whatever as long as it's not at my house. My mum's all grumpy because of the baby hormones." I explained.

"Oh, come on, Lou. You have the biggest house!" Liam pleaded.  Zayn and Harry nodded their heads and added their own pleases. 

"Please Lou." Harry added with puppy eyes. Damnit. He knows I can't say no to him when he does that face.

"Fine, I'll ask my mum. And just so you know, my sisters will be home, and they have a huge crush on you all."

"Well, we're all gay or bi so..." Zayn stated.

"Excuse me, I'm pan." Liam reminded.

"Right, sorry Li." Zayn replied and threw a kiss at him. The five were always playfully flirting but it meant nothing. For the most part, anyway. Their relationship was complicated. I liked Harry and vice versa. But the other three were caught in a sort of love triangle. Niall liked Liam who liked Zayn, but Zayn liked Niall. None of them would tell each other how they felt but it was pretty damn obvious. My friends were idiots.