Hold On To Me

Requested by bittersweetlou

Recently, Harry had a doctor's appointment in which they did a lot of tests to see why he was feeling bad. Today was the day that Harry, and his husband Louis got the results. The pair entered the doctor's office and sat in the chairs in front of the doctor.

"Gentlemen, there is no easy way to say this, but... Harry, you have stomach cancer." The doctor said in a melancholy voice. If one was quiet enough, you could have sworn you could hear the couple's hearts breaking.

"W-what?! No, you have to check again! Maybe you have the wrong file. O-or you grabbed the wrong sample?" Harry asked frantically, but the pain in his gut told him that the doctor was 100% right.

"I'm sorry mister Styles, but I'm positive that this is your file, your sample, and you... have stomach cancer." The doctor replied back. Louis sat beside his husband and silently bawled his eyes out. He looked up just in time to see Harry shakily inhale a huge breath then let out a soul shattering sob. This made Louis fight back his own sobs and console Harry. The doctor got up and said she was going to give them some time and she would come back in 10 minutes.

The two cried until their faces were damn near blue and just held each other. At some point Louis pulled Harry into his lap and stroked his hair as the heartbreaking sobs of a dying man filled the air. They were almost positive that the people in the waiting room could hear them; but they didn't care.

*.*.*.*.*.

This visit was a little under two weeks ago and as time went on, Harry's condition started to worsen. He constantly had indigestion and would sometimes even cough up blood. The toll on him, both physically and mentally was what made everything worse. Although he would never say it, he was more worried about Louis's mental health than his own. Louis was always helping Harry and getting almost no sleep some nights when Harry was having really bad pains.

Louis never left him home alone for more than 15 minutes at a time. He always helped him shower, made sure he ate healthy foods only, and took him to doctor's appointments. But not everything can be smooth sailing.

*.*.*.*.*.

Louis POV

I jump up out of my sleep and I'm met with the cool darkness of mine and Harry's room. Harry is coughing and gagging again.

"Haz, baby, are you okay?" I ask quickly. He shakes his head no and starts coughing even harder. I turn on the lamp and see that his mouth and hands were covered in blood. His eyes were bloodshot and watering as he continued to choke. There- there was so much blood. It-it was never this much! "Don't worry darling, I'm calling the ambulance!" I said then grabbed my phone and hit the emergency call button.

"P-please! Help *gasp* me!" Harry said between gasping breaths and coughs.

"I-it's okay baby, I've got you." I jump out of bed and grab the bathroom trashcan and race to his side. I gently rub his back as he gags and vomits into the small trashcan. After about ten seconds of waiting, the line clicks, and a thick voice speaks.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asks.

"Yes, my name is Louis Tomlinson and I need and ambulance for my husband. He has stomach cancer and he's vomiting blood!" I say tearfully into the phone.

"Okay sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down and tell me your address, so we can send and ambulance." they say in a concerned but calm voice.

"My husband is dying; I cannot calm down. My address is 8578 Maple Street. Please hurry." I say, tears finally starting to stream down my face. I sit beside him and rub his back, stroke his hair, and kiss his head.