New Book

Hey Guys!

Hey Guys!

A bit of self promo here for my new book that has just been published, O' My Broken Heart

It's not a fanfiction in any sense and has been entirely thought up by my mind - believe me I was surprised too. So if you find yourself with nothing to read until season two of Outer Banks comes out and you are wanting to start vying for a new ship, or you are just plain bored out of your mind, go give it a look and tell me what you think. 

I'll just leave this here, along with a first look at the Prologue below

I look forward to hearing from you guys again, and hopefully it won't be too long until Season two of OBX comes out so we can also get back to Riptide and JJ.

Hope you're all well.

Molly x

. . .

21st February, 2022

"And the Oscar for best actor goes to . . ." The woman paused as she ever so slowly worked a thumb to open the pristine cream envelope in delicate fingers. She was dressed in one of the finest gowns the world had seen, but that was expected at an event such as the Oscars. Folds of glittering gold fitted to her torso before the fabric flared at her hips, a string of diamonds placed ever so intricately around her neck. She was the setting sun as it cast the world in gold. Barely even tangible. Ethereal. To most she was beautiful. To all but one.

". . . Will Turner, When It Rains!"

Roaring applause erupted inside the Dolby Theatre, participants rising to their feet clapping their hands. Someone seated behind him shook his shoulder, clapping him on the back, shouting congratulations into his ear over the roar of the crowd. Will barely heard it even as he plastered a grateful smile across his face. Not for the noise but the world had muted itself to him.

But it had been that way for months now.

He stood, with all the grace of a king, and gave his mother, wrapped in a dress finer than she had ever believed she would ever wear, a hug. She was saying something to him, but he didn't hear it. Still, he kissed her cheek as he pulled away. There were tears falling down her face as she gently pushed him towards the stage, where that woman all dressed in gold awaited with a similarly gold award in hand.

Will's body took control as his legs guided him to the stairs to the stage, shaking hands and thanking the people that had also worked on this film with him.

The stairs came and went. As did that glittering woman once she'd handed him the award with a broad smile on her face, congratulating him. He knew her from somewhere, her name touching at the edges of the thick empty fog that had become his mind but he didn't have the energy to try and grasp it. To do something so simple as to recall who the glittering gold woman was.

The metal was heavy and cold in his hands. In all the dreams he'd had about holding that small statue in his hands, he'd never expected it to be so heavy.

And then he found himself in front of a microphone.

Thump, went his heart.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

And the world came back to him.

Suddenly, within a blink. The world was there. And he was in it. He was in his body. And his body was on a stage with thousands of people and cameras staring at him.

He began to sweat beneath the dress shirt of his tux.

The applause had died and people returned to their seats, waiting for whatever he was about to say.

But Will didn't know. He hadn't been present in himself when he'd had the speech, that his father had encouraged him to write, just in case.

His mind was a blank void of nothing.

His eyes drifted to the award that sat in loose hands. It was shining and glistening under the brilliant lights of the stage.

And though he knew he should say something similar to what the other actors and actresses, directors and screenwriters, and so many others, had said in their speeches, he couldn't.

But then he saw someone. Standing just beyond the lights at the foot of the stage looking up at him.

Her laughter echoed in his ears.

Her smile flashing before his eyes.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"I would like to thank everyone that has helped to bring the vision for this film into fruition and those who brought me here today." His voice was surprisingly steady considering the emotion that was tunnelling its way up his throat. The girl – no, young woman – smiled up at him as if she knew, but there was nothing mocking in her smile, her eyes. "But there's someone else I'd like to thank. She started out as a stranger, but, she – um –" he cleared his throat, fighting for control over his voice, "she ended up changing my life forever. . ."