Chapter 21

'Some girls are full of heartache and 

poetry and those are the kind of girls

who try to save wolves instead of

running away from them.'

- Nikita Gill

. . .

If Rip had stayed in her happy bubble of the good mood she'd been in that morning, then she would have been able to say that she was enjoying the film that was on. But instead she was sat in a low chair absolutely fuming and acutely aware of the stares of Rafe, Topper and Kelce that flickered to the back of her head every now and then.

So in the end she'd given up trying to concentrate on the film. She stared at the screen and instead of processing what was on, she spent her time imagining all the ways she could make life incredibly difficult for the two idiots sat to her right.

Pope shifted closer to JJ. "JJ?"

"What?"

"Gotta take a piss."

"Hold it."

"I can't hold it. I drank too much soda."

"It's too exposed. They'll totally see us."

"I gotta go."

The pair glanced behind them to see that the three Kooks had taken a break from their staring to idly watch the film.

"They're blocking the bathrooms."

"Come on. I know where." JJ sighed, pushing himself to his feet, Pope following.

Rip's eyes were drawn to the movement and face immediately drawn into a frown.

"Hey, where y'all going?" Kie asked, suspicion in her voice.

"We gotta wring it out."

Rip scrunched her nose up as the pair manoeuvred their way between the lounging people but her attention was immediately drawn to the three Kooks behind them. It wasn't long before she felt the shift in the air as Rafe, Topper and Kelce got up.

"I'll be right back." Rip murmured to Kie. She was up and gone before the girl could even protest.

Hastily she moved to the tree she'd vaguely seen Pope and JJ hide behind. They were just closing their zipper's as she came up to them.

"Shit, Rip, ever heard of privacy?" Pope questioned. If it wasn't so dark she'd sure there would be a blush staining his cheeks.

She rolled her eyes. Sure there was a big difference between age and all but she had had to deal with Finn and Noah in their early days when they'd just run around Gloria's garden stark naked.