Chapter 6

'Take a walk

'Take a walk.

Face the sun and feel the warmth on your face.

Take a moment to value the present.'

-Unknown

. . .

      It wasn't long before they managed to get the HMS Pogue free of debris from the trees and into the water and they were on their way to pick up Pope and Kie. But with not much to do until then, her mind kept straying back to Gloria and the twins. Until she actually arrived at Gloria's house she'd have no idea if they were okay or not. It was a thought that was making her nervous.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink." JJ said, looking out at the few docked boats along the bank. "He doesn't have insurance."

JJ could talk all he wanted about not giving a crap about anything, but they all knew that really he did. How he helped Rip last night proved it, even if he was to deny it.

"Hi, Miss Amy. You guys get through it?" John B called out to a blonde woman who was throwing some trash into a bag.

She smiled as she looked up, voice clear as a bell. "Still here."

"She totally looked at me." JJ said with a cocky grin.

"I saw it."

Rip rolled her eyes. "Why is it that if a girl smiles at a guy they automatically think that the girl wants to jump their bones?"

"Because," JJ replied in a sing song tone, "they usually do."

"Y'know, she really couldn't have missed you even if she wanted too, your ego is the size of the sun." Rip aired back making JJ scoff.

"You're just sad that you're not getting any of this attention."

Rip narrowed her eyes at the blond, the sudden urge to shove him into the water again becoming overwhelming. "I don't want to get any attention."

JJ opened his mouth to reply but whatever words he was going to say died on his tongue instead letting out a low whistle, his attention caught on something else. "Agatha, what did you do?"

The entire section of the Cut had been trashed. Rubbish was floating in the water, boats pressed up against each other, some lower in the water than they should've been. Even from their position on the water, Rip could see that some of the roofs of houses had been torn off.

"She is a crazy lady." John B mused.

Rip cringed as she looked at all the damage that had been done. Her people could scarcely afford food for the week and now they had all of this damage to repair.