24: 炎

(the title is read as ほむら (homura), it means fire.

*is this a kimetsu no yaiba's reference? yes. )

;

the ball dropped down for the last time. it's echoing, ringing through all the karasuno's players ears. they saw it with their very own eyes, they have been defeated.

it's already ended. they are stopped until here, by kamomedai.

sora panted. his breathing is irregular but stable enough to not faint right there, right now.

he can feel his muscles began to ache, the adrenaline has finally worn off. his high is finally come down.

sure he is in pain but a crazy man he is, all he can feel is the pleasantness of the world.

today i'm defeated, so what will i be tomorrow?

"sora-san, are you not upset?" kinnoshita asked.

"nah, for what? 'll destroy y'all soon anyway," sora shrugged with a careless smile.

"w-what?"

;

sora put on his team jacket as fast as he can. the cold air conditioner has already affecting his body. cold-sweat won't give him anything other than another trouble.

"udai-san," a loud voice called.

sora turned his head to see a white tuff of hair standing with a determined eyes.

"i'll face you again one day," the ace said.

sora laughed, "you youngsters really has a lot of energy, huh? then, see you in a few years, korai-kun."

the soon to be ex-karasuno middle blocker walked for a few step before dramatically turned his head to the back to said something more to the white haired ace. "and please call me sorashi, there's no need to be so formal. see you later."

everyone seems so hyped to fight against sorashi again. well, he is an enigma, someone who they never face before.

"there will be many people like me in the professional league,"

that's what sorashi said to everyone. but they wanted to fight the sora who has cleare advantage to use his skill that he has been polishing to the fullest.

"thank you," sora said as he sat down on the bench.

"sora-san, don't," ennoshita said.

"thank you for everything." sorashi grinned weakly. "for all the annoying-ass shouts and screams, and for dragging me back to the team." he sighed blissfully.

sora noticed the tears on the second years eyes. he then chuckled, "oi, don't cry as if i'm going to die."

sora sighed again, softly, gaining the full of tears second years. his underclassmen really tried their best to stop the tears that are flowing from their eyes.

kageyama and hinata who is also there, is a little bit crying to. or maybe no, they are fully crying.

"i'm going to wait you guys in the national next year," says sora. he gently patted the second years' head. "so go to the nationals, yeah?"