16: 王将

once he is inside his room, sorashi threw himself to the soft bed. he groaned at the feeling of lying down on his bed after a long tough practice. sora knows he could only laid down for a few minutes before a certain human will barged in. he sighed, staring at his wall with photos of his friends and manga pages sticked to it. he traced the wall with tired eyes and he felt something is missing.

wait, where is his my chemical romance poster?! sorashi shot up from his position and stared at the blank space wide eyed. "i swear to mikey's unicorn, tenma is going to die once i got to tokyo."

sora fell down to the bed once again. he stared at the ceiling while humming something that he used to hear from his friend. he was really out of this world for a moment. then something flashes on his mind.

"what is your reason to play volleyball?"

sora smiled when he remembered his brother's words. "i don't even know what was the reason." he whispered to himself. he then closed his eyes and sighed, trying to cherish the peaceful moment that was disturbed by his brother's words. "if only i could force an answer out of myself.."

tenma has always been influencing sorashi heavily since sorashi could remember. even though the two went on two separate ways during their early school life, sorashi ended up continuing tenma's legacy.

"whatever whatever, i'll just wanna passed out right now." sorashi breathed out.

he rubbed his face with the both of his hand roughly then he put a pillow to cover his face. sorashi then screamed to the pillow pretty violently that even muffling his mouth has almost no effect (i wonder if he is a deathcore vocalist.)

once he is satisfied after unleashing his frustration, sorashi snuggled deep into the cocoon of his mountain of blankets, inhaling the laundry soap scent deeply. he was already almost fell into a sweet slumber before his house's doorbell rang.

"oh my fucking god, it must be tobio." sorashi groaned.

and indeed, it is kageyama tobio.

sorashi lifted one of his eyebrows, demanding an explanation from the underclassman. meanwhile tobio tried his best to not burst in flame. he nimbled with his fingers (something he picked up from a certain setter) while gathering his courage.

"i- uh-" kageyama stuttered.

"well?" sora leaned at the door frame to his side and arms crossed in front of him.

kageyama thought that sorashi has his gaze on somewhere else, so he decided to look up at the taller man. he shot up his head so fast only to see his senior's face up close.

kageyama paused in astonishment. he has never seen sorashi's face at a close distance like this even though sorashi has fallen asleep on him once. like everyone has said to him, sorashi's blank stare is so attractive indeed. his sharp features really complement the emotionless stares he gave away to people.

"tobio-chan?" sorashi called, snapping out kageyama from his thoughts.

"ah! sora-san, please teach me to toss like that!"

"like what?"

"when you received hinata's spike but in the same time you also made that as a perfect toss!" kageyama explained with eyes full of hope.

"that was shaky, tobio. nice words won't flatter me." sorashi scoffed. sorashi cocked his head to the side to crack his bone. "and that was so stupid, i was too heated, wanting to force end the rally in two touches."

"but it worked!"

"but what if it didn't?" sorashi sighed. he stared at the dark haired setter. "i need to stop playing like that you know, because we are playing as a team and in volleyball i can't score by myself."