9: 銀

"sorashi, you will substitute hinata," ukai called. sorashi snapped out from his daydream.

"alright." sorashi put on his left leg support sleeve and stood up. when he passed hinata, he caught a glimpse of sadness written all over the short middle blocker's face. sora really wanted to ask what's wrong but he needs to be on the court, so he reluctantly walked away from the human tangerine.

sorashi stood beside kageyama. they are not in the best term but they have made up at the first day. therefore, it shouldn't be much problem. sorashi has played a few games with the team too, and he synced very well even though he is still not stable with the dynamic. his endurance is way better than before, which was so surprising to the team.

"ne kenma, who is that silver haired guy?" the nekoma captain asked his setter.

"i don't really know but shoyo said he has killer serve, so watch out." the shorter male answered.

the whistle was blown, both team put their focus to the game. their eyes trained into each other but, the cats' keep glancing to the unfamiliar karasuno's player.

nekoma serve's kind of unstable which daichi easily picked up. kageyama share a look with sorashi, sorashi only nodded as a reply. the first year setter tossed the ball to sorashi a little bit too close to the net. kuroo followed sorashi's movement in attempt to block the upcoming quick attack.

sorashi clicked his tongue is annoyance, there's no choice than do a super narrow cross shot. he finger crossed that this will succeed break through the nekoma's captain block and wait, why there is a silver haired giant too?

whatever. sora thought. he jump sideways, fuck i'm too far. but a legend he is, he still smacked the ball down with so much force that everyone was caught off guard.

the ball wasn't hit properly though, sorashi cringed looking at his own hand. "sorry i didn't hi--"

"nice kill!" tanaka roared.

"i didn't--"

"nice kirruuu!" nishinoya screamed.

"i--"

"nice kill!" sugawara yelled from the sidelines.

"urusai!" daichi stopped the team's chaotic screaming battle.

sorashi deadpanned watching his team turned into chaos while kageyama looking at his fingers with wide eyes. "nice toss, tobio," sorashi quickly said and walked away.

but at the end of the match, nekoma still won the game. it was nice though, everyone seems tried to find their own way to overcome the pressure in a match. it's so satisfying to see everyone polishing their own skills and blending everything into one. even though karasuno is still a big mess right now, but sorashi really hopes, everything will be worth it in the end.

"ne, sora-san," a quite voice called to him. sora only hummed in response.

"can you toss for me?" hinata asked bluntly. sorashi only blinks in confusion. but he accepted the request nontheless.

they stood in the not so cramped gym away from the team. sorashi is exhausted because of the constant jumping from earlier matches, his legs are sore and his head is kind of light.