13: ♠️

"tomorrow is your recital, are you sure wanted to practice volleyball instead of violin?" daichi reluctantly asked.

"why not? i'm still not good enough at sychronizing with nishinoya," sora answered nonchalantly still passing a ball back and forth with nishinoya.

"um! if he wanted to, there's no choice but to let him!" nishinoya added.

daichi sighed heavily. "alright, alright."

"you are the best, otou-san!" sorashi said with a teasing smile.

"yeah, long live dadchi!" nishinoya added.

daichi only nodded with an exasperates sigh following. he is so done with the team. it feels like the team really makes him feels like 27 years older.

"ne, sora-san, what are you going to do after graduate?" nishinoya asked.

sora turned his gaze from the ball to the short libero. "me? uhm, i don't know."

"do you want to go pro?" nishinoya asked again after he passed the ball to sora.

"hm, weak people like me can never play in a pro league, yuu." sora laughed. there's a hint of sadness behind his laughter but noya is quick to take a notice.

"stop saying that you are weak!"

sora cocked his head slighty to the side while nishinoya gripped the ball in his hand. the short libero huffed in annoyance.

"why should i speaking something not true? i, in the matter of factly, am weak," says sora.

"so i am weak too then!"

"yuu--"

"listen to me, sora-san," nishinoya cuts sora's words.

"you are the most promising player in miyagi, even that ushiwaka is not on the same level as you.

"and i saw you sorting the invitations to play in pro league! if you are really weak, so then why they wanted you to join their team? to be a bench warmer? no."

sora chuckled. "you are always so positive, yuu. but i'm still weak, i'm no where as strong as--"

"--my brother." sora whispered the last part.

sora realized about the growing tension so, he decided to go out to cool off his emotions. he hurriedly took his leave from the gym. "i'll go to buy a drink!" he shouted from the door frame before he disappeared.

nishinoya only shook his head in disbelief. he is so annoyed that the strongest player in the team is actually just a perfectionist idiot.

tanaka noticed the tension, he came up to nishinoya and patted his back. "he'll be fine."

"but--"

"he'll figure it out eventually, he is just too blind because he really looks up to his brother so much." tanaka breathed.

"eh? he has a brother?" nishinoya asked with both eyebrows lifted.

"yeah i guess, i heard it from coach ukai's and sora-san's conversation earlier. they mentioned a name but i don't really remember who." tanaka put his hand on his chin.

"i heard that he feared that he is not good enough like his brother to join a professional club," tanaka continues.

"his brother is a professional player?"

"i guess he isn't,"

"actually--" daichi is suddenly behind the second years duo. "--he doesn't want to be a professional player."