12: 黒の終わり

"huh?" sorashi squinted his eyes. he saw an orange head being surrounded by tall dark haired people. is that hinata?

he walked towards the trembling short middle blocker. he could hear oikawa's and iwaizumi's voice from afar, then ushijima's.

"shoyo, whatcha' doin' 'ere?" sorashi asked. he stood beside ushijima.

"sora-chan!" oikawa cried. he pounced at the taller man but luckily iwaizumi held oikawa back. even ushijima put his arms out to shield sorashi from oikawa.

"you should've came to shiratorizawa if you wanted to hug him," ushijima says.

"he doesn't even go to shiratorizawa!" iwaizumi yelled with cringed expression.

hinata only watched the four bicker by throwing insults here and there with jaw hug open. he was so focused and invested to the third years' bickering until aone came.

"o-oh!" hinata bowed at aone. he bowed back.

"let's go, shoyo, the idiots are gone."

sorashi was benched for the entire first three matches. not really though, he went on the court for a match when they fought against wakutani south for a set. then he was benched again.

ukai wants sora to be able to pick up as many skills as possible from the enemies. so he let him to watch instead of playing so he can observe the game better. and also, because of--

"sora-cchi? what's up?"

"kise ryota,"

"eh? why did you use my full name?"

sora sighed at his phone, "your skill is copying people, right?"

"um, yes."

"apparently i am just the same as you, ryota."

the rest of the call was consisted on how sora needs to be aware of himself and try to play with his own style most of the time. sora needs to avoid being dragged into the flow of the game too much. because he did this unconsciously and can be so dangerous.

kise said that he needs to calm down. sora should be confident on his own ability to understand volleyball. but if he really can't play with his own style, kise doesn't really know what to do. afterall, he is the same as sora.

now they are facing their great enemy, seijoh. if they could beat them, they will fight against the unwavering champion, shiratorizawa. and the thought of defeating ushijima wakatoshi is really firing sorashi up.

「from: tenma
to: sora
good luck on your game today,
i'm sorry i can't go watch.
go beat your opponents' asses,
show them who is the king.
08:23 am」

sora grinned at the message. he will show tenma, that he too can go to nationals like him. the text really gave sorashi's a boost of confidence.

tenma believes in me, why should i doubt myself?

;

tanaka was subbed out. the buzz cut haired man patted sorashi's shoulder, "go give 'em hell, sora-san."

sorashi only smiled.

score after score seijoh got after subbed in that mad dog guy. karasuno has no choice other than to sub sorashi in to buy some time for the team to adjust to seijoh's newest weapon.

"what?" sora said to the jumpy orange haired middle blocker.

"n-nothing!"