Chapter 2: A New Enemy

Spiderman was already there when Tony landed on a rooftop and dropped Diana off.

“Stay here – you’ll be safe and out of the way,” He told her seriously, before flying down and landing  in the middle of the road.

Peter leapt off the lamppost and onto the nearest wall just as a blast of electricity was shot at him.

“It’s about time you showed up, Stark!” He called, shooting webs at someone. Diana leaned over the edge slightly, wanting a better look.

There was a man in the road dressed in a bright green costume with two yellow lightning bolts connecting across his face in a mask. He laughed manically as cars swerved to avoid him, and he picked up a yellow taxi with ease before launching it at Tony, who caught it before it hit him.

“I was busy,” Tony replied sharply, putting the taxi down.

The driver abandoned it, yelling in fear, and joined the crowd of people desperately trying to escape the onslaught.

“Electro, stop!” Peter shouted at the man, who gave him an evil grin before sending another electricity blast at him.

Peter jumped off the wall and flipped effortlessly in the air before landing lightly beside Tony, who had his arms outstretched and palms facing the unfamiliar villain.

“You’ve met before?” Tony asked Peter, who shrugged.

“Yeah, you could say that.”

“Stand down, Spiderman. You’re getting in the way of my errands,” Electro snarled at him.

“Well, you’ve just got in the way of my errands. I had plans for today!” Peter remarked, sounding  annoyed.

“Stop destroying things and go away before things turn nasty,” Stark chipped in, his palms glowing as the energy surged up.

“I wouldn’t do-” Peter began suddenly, before he was cut off as Electro threw a car at him, but he wasn’t quick enough to dodge out of the way in time.

Stark blasted Electro, who simply laughed as he absorbed the energy, and then sent his own blast back at him. The electricity hit Tony, and the current short-circuited the suit. He fell to his knees as the yellow electricity crackled over his body.

There was a groaning of metal as Peter pushed the mangled car away from him. Diana, helpless and unable to contribute, watched in horror as Electro, certain that he wouldn’t be stopped, turned to go into the building at the side of the road, which was a huge bank.

Tony stood, still sparking, and sent a repulsor blast at Electro. He was blasted off his feet, and crashed further down the road, creating a crater. Snarling, he knelt up and smacked his hands against the floor, sending ripples of electricity through the ground.

Tony shot up into the sky, and Peter swung up to the roof, landing beside Diana.

“Any ideas on how to defeat a guy who can control electricity, D?” He asked, panting slightly and rubbing his arm where a deep gash had formed.

Diana shook her head sadly, and then shuddered as Electro looked up at them and grinned.

Peter jumped off the rooftop and swung toward him, his feet impacting with Electro’s chest and knocking him down. Peter shot webs at him while he was down, pinning him to the ground in a cocoon of web. However Electro simply laughed and burned the webs by sending electricity through his body. He jumped up and punched Peter, staggering him slightly before he hit back.