Chapter 19: Wolverines Are Vicious!

Ten minutes after Tony had left me, I heard footsteps outside the room, and I looked up expectantly.

“Tony?”

There was no reply. I stood up wearily and walked over to the door.

“Tony?” I asked again, impatience lacing my voice as I pulled the door open.

I stepped out and turned to the left, looking toward the other rooms. Suddenly, something gripped my arm from behind, and I jerked in surprise and let out an involuntary scream.

The grip loosened and I spun around to see Tony, biting his lip to contain his laughter. He had his suit on now, and the face of his helmet was lifted.

“If you play one more prank on me, I swear to Odin I really will set your car on fire!” I said fiercely, and he had to look away before he cracked up.

I shoved past him, my human clothes morphing into my trademark red armour.

“Hey, you’re going the wrong way,” Tony said, sounding highly amused, and I turned around again, scowling.

“And how would you know?” I asked sharply.

“Stan told me what room Logan’s in.”

“Who the heck is Stan?” I asked, bewildered, and Tony laughed.

“The guy at reception’s called Stan. I had a chat with him.”

“You managed to find out where Logan is, have a conversation, and put your suit on all in ten minutes?”

“I work fast, firefly.”

“Clearly. So which room is it then, genius?” I asked sarcastically, and he pointed his thumb over his soldier.

“The end room – Room 10.”

I marched past him, and I knew he was laughing to himself. I reached the end door and paused, unsure what to do.

“Allow me,” Stark said smoothly, and knocked on the door, the sound echoing loudly in the otherwise silent night.

We waited.

“Who is it?” Someone snarled from the other side of the door.

I exchanged a glance with Tony.

“Pizza delivery,” Tony said cheerfully, and I choked back a laugh.

“I didn’t order any pizza.”

“Are you sure? It definitely says ‘Logan’ on the box…”

There was a pause, before Logan told Tony exactly where he could go and shove the pizza.

I laughed in surprise more than humour. Obviously Wolverine was going to be a wonderful edition to the team.

“Please just open the door – this is important,” I said in exasperation.

“It must be one important pizza to need two people to deliver it,” He replied sarcastically, and I glared at the door.

“If you don’t open this door in the next ten seconds then I will,” I hissed, and Tony smirked.

A moment later, the door was reluctantly pulled open.

“God, did you get lost on your way to Comic-Con or something?” He asked us in a rude voice, looking us up and down with dark eyes.

There was an animalistic distrust and ferocity in his eyes as he watched us wearily. His beard was scruffy, and his dark hair was wild and unkempt. He was a little bit shorter then Tony – but still taller than me – and was stockier too.