Ch.30: The Brothers That Care Forgot

It was a beautiful day, as Finn and Kol sat at the table with Klaus and Elijah.

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother," Klaus reasoned with both of his brothers.

Kol looked at Klaus, as he thought about it, as Klaus continued.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms."

"Well...," Kol began, but was cut off by Klaus.

"But if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against mother dearest, you should've said so. Saved me a night shackled to the wall," Kol replied.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs one by one until you comply," Elijah informed them.

Klaus got up, as he chuckled.

"We've no desire to torture you, provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers," Klaus said, as he stood behind them both.

"Brothers," Finn commented. "Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal? And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah?" he continued, as Klaus walked around the table. "She was blindly loyal to you for 1,000 years, and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And how did she escape your vile machinations?"

Klaus scoffed from where he'd been standing, his back facing them, half a distance from the table, hands behind his back. He now turned to look at him, as he scoffed.

"You think me vile?" Klaus sat down, as he asked, "Well, what then do you make of the one who cursed us?"

"She was trying to make you mortal again. You refused her, which only proves how far you've fallen. But I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."

Elijah had had enough, so he angrily told him, "Rebekah is off limits to you. You pursue her and you will suffer."

"Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he nor Esther will find Rebekah...unless she wants to be found, and she does not," Klaus said.

"Esther is quite determined," Finn reminded them. "She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time."

Elijah looked down for a moment, before his anger got the best of him. He grabbed Finn, pushing him onto the table, and vamped out, ready to bite him. Then he bit into the side of his neck.

Klaus blurred Elijah against a wall, not happy.

"I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone, but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans. We need them alive," he told him, before letting him go.

"Can you imagine what they would do to Rebekah? To Hope?" Elijah replied under his breath so the others couldn't hear.

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand. We need to persuade our brothers."

"I'm through with persuasion."

"Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?" Klaus asked, seeing that something had changed in Elijah.

Before Elijah could say anything, he got a call from Rebekah, telling him that she and Hope were on the run, because Esther found them.

"Tell her to head west. I'll call Katerina," Klaus said.