Ch.32: The Return

It was a dismal night in the white house. In one of the rooms upstairs, Kat was having a certain dream. In her dream, she was inside the old asylum. Because she knew the city well, she recognized it.

When she got to a room that was empty, but had a bed and letter blocks, she felt something or someone, so she stopped.

"Who's there?"

A moment later, the letter blocks assembled themselves.

"Freya?" Kat said.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten," she heard a familiar voice say from behind. Then she turned around to see the blonde. Apart from her clothes, she recognized her. It was indeed Freya.

"Now, why would I forget such a face as yours?" Kat replied. Then she said, "It's time. Isn't it?"

"Yes. Tell my brothers I'll be coming home soon, and I expect nothing but their best behavior," Freya replied.

"I will," Kat assured her.

A few moments later, the dream ended.

That day, when everyone was in the living room, Kat told them. Elijah was seated in a chair, Klaus stood by the fireplace, and Rebekah sat on the couch, Hope in her playpen.

"Why are we here?" Rebekah questioned, since they clearly had other things to plan.

"Yes. We should be planning on the demise of our enemies. Not whatever this is, dear Katerina," Klaus agreed and reminded her.

"I was teleported to the asylum where Freya resigns currently. She told me face to face that she's coming home."

"Now, why would our long-lost sister come to you, instead of the rest of us first, if she has the power to do what you say she can?" Klaus inquired.

"Maybe because I know her from the past, which means I wouldn't be one to contradict her or question her motives. I know who she is, what she's been through, and that her coming home means we must be prepared. Freya coming will mean that your Aunt Dahlia will be waking up soon, too."

"Then, I guess we should get ready for her to come home," Elijah replied, figuring the reason for Freya coming home would be soon known once she was home. He didn't think Katerina would have any motives with her coming home.

"Are you going to tell us why and how you even know her from the past?" Rebekah questioned.

"Her experiences are hers to tell the rest of you, but I taught her in secret how to find her family, since I felt for her. The rest she'll tell you in detail, I'm sure. I didn't always know her or of her, but I ran across her a very long time ago in a village. I'll just say that what I know she's been through, I wouldn't wish on anyone," Kat replied.

"Well, when should we expect her on our doorstep?" Klaus wanted to know.

"Soon. She didn't say when exactly," she replied. "But even if you don't trust or want to trust her, at least trust that I know for certain that she wouldn't betray her family or friends."

"Fair enough," he replied to her.  

Kat was in the parlor, when they got a visitor. And this visitor she knew by sight, even though the others didn't.

"It's nice to see you in person for once in a long while," she greeted Katherine. Then she looked at the others in the room.