Ch.16: Farewell To Storyville

Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah were still trapped in the cemetery and in the middle of a standoff still. Klaus had the White Oak stake, while Elijah still held Papa Tunde's blade.

"Rebekah!" Klaus yelled at her.

"Walk away," Elijah told him.

"Don't move!" Klaus yelled.

"Leave us now," Elijah told Rebekah.

Rebekah was both scared and angry.

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the White Oak stake."

Klaus pointed to the stake. "I brought it for you, sister."

"Get out of sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now."

Rebekah vamp-sped away and Elijah turned to Klaus.

"I'm asking you, brother to brother—we end this nonsense now."

"You would side with that traitor," Klaus accused.

"I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt our sister."

"We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah. How long do you think you can defend her?"

Klaus vamp-sped away, but Elijah easily caught up with him and blocked him.

"As long as it takes, by whatever means necessary."

On the other side of the cemetery, Rebekah was on the phone with Marcel, updating him on what had happened.

"Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive. I promise you, I'll get you out of there," Marcel said.

"I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me," she informed him.

"Alright, stay as far away from him as you can," Marcel instructed.

"That's a brilliant strategy. But, given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here 'til moonrise, my options are somewhat limited," she reminded him.

"I'm not leaving you in there. Davina will find a loophole, get you out early. Then, we can all go together. If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride."

"I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" she replied.

"Worry about that later. Right now, just buy me some time. I promise you, I'll get you out of there," he replied.

At the church, Marcel entered Davina's attic room with a bag. Davina looked very pale, and looked extremely sad as she sat quietly on her bed.

"Hey, D, how you feelin'? Got you some stuff-- organic soap, and scented candles, some incense... Just trying to help you get back to feeling, you know, yourself." He waited a beat, before saying, "Word on the street is the witches are celebrating. Three out of the four girls sacrificed in the Harvest have come back. First, it was your friend, Monique, and then another girl, now you. What I hear, the others are saying that the ancestors were with them while they were, uh, dead. You know, talking to them, teaching them. They say they're stronger than ever. Was it like that for you?"