Ch.11: Apres Moi, Le Deluge

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina," Elijah said to Klaus. They were discussing their predicament while Elijah looked through an old book about witches throughout the ages.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence," Klaus said.

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah pondered.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus questioned back.

Meanwhile, Marcel had just arrived with food for Davina in Davina's room, but she stood up and screamed at him, frightened, and magically threw him against a wall.

"Go away!"

"Come on. You got to be starving. You haven't eaten since—" Marcel started.

"Since your best friend killed my best friend?" she said.

"Davina, I'm sorry about what happened to this kid Tim," he tried to apologize to her.

"I'm sorry you don't hate Klaus for what he did or want to make him pay," she said.

"He'll pay for what he did one way or the other, but right now, I just want to make peace with you," he told her.

"Why? So, we can be one big happy Frankenstein family?"

Klaus and Elijah were pouring themselves drinks in the living room, while listening to Davina and Marcel fighting.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus stated.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah told him.

"Oh, are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus questioned.

"Give me a month. I'll get your list," Elijah said sarcastically.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass," Klaus stated.

Back in Davina's room, Davina was glaring at Marcel, before she suddenly began vomiting up dirt all over the bed.

"Davina, Davina!" Marcel said, afraid for her.

Klaus entered the room to investigate, having heard the commotion.

"What's with all the racket?" He stopped in his tracks, seeing Davina throwing up soil. "Bloody hell."

Katherine entered the living room, joining Elijah.

"Elijah, there's something you need to know," she told him, before the house suddenly began to violently shake, as if there was an earthquake. Concerned, they walked out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where Rebekah was looking around in confusion.