Ch.2: House of the Rising Son

It was a nebulous night, as Diego handed out flyers to some tourists and Klaus hung around Marcel, playing nice, as Marcel told him how he kept a never-ending source of human blood for every vampire in town, trusting his sire and best friend with his secret.

"The city of New Orleans...people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun...some are looking for something a little dark, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them. Then, at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and it's time to feed," Marcel informed him. Marcel led Klaus to the balcony at the compound and he and Klaus watched, as the vampires below fed ravenously on the humans. "This is how I keep my guys happy: the occasional, all-you-can-eat buffet. My night-walkers love it. I've got 'em working hard, trying to earn one of those Daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. My day-walkers, the trusted few—they they just like the party."

Klaus saw the 'M' monogram with a coil serpent crest, on the stone wall but didn't comment on it. He wasn't happy, though. This was disgracing the Mikaelson symbol with that serpent.

"It's quite an operation. Tell me—what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig."

"Can't kill 'em all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way—no muss, no fuss," he answered the Original.

"I'm impressed," Klaus commented.

"Nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day," Marcel commented back.

Thierry, one of Marcel's vampires, approached them.

"Marcel," Thierry said.

"Sup, Thierry?" Marcel questioned.

"Six of the guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter. Nightwalkers. No one saw who," he informed Marcel.

Klaus looked away, while Thierry told Marcel the news.

Meanwhile, Rebekah was driving her red convertible, as she checked herself in the rearview mirror and wiped a drop of blood off her cheek. She smiled and continued driving towards the house.

When Rebekah arrived and walked inside, Katherine was heading down the stairs. When Katherine saw her, she stopped in her tracks, wary of her, even though she knew Klaus was in the study room plotting against Marcel. She knew Klaus would protect her and the child, but she also knew how much Rebekah despised her. Now that she was human, Rebekah could kill her in a blink of an eye before Katherine had a chance to defend herself.

"Well, well. Look who decided to come home," Katherine greeted, playing nice.

"And look who decided to get knocked up by my brother. Speaking of brothers, where's Elijah? He hasn't answered my calls."

"That must be why you're here. I don't know. He hasn't come to town yet as far as I know. If he had, I would have had to face him," she answered the Original sister.

"Which means either something has happened or Klaus has done something to my brother." Rebekah turned away from her and briskly began walking and yelling at the same time. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done to our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing wanker!"

Klaus opened the double doors of the study room.

"Enough with all the shouting!" He walked towards her, and with a normal tone, he said, "Little Sister. I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"