Good day

Not going to lie, but today was actually going well for the most part. I actually felt happy. I had been paying attention in class and was actually productive for once. I wasn't sure what actually made me feel good. Maybe it was cursing at North Korea or not being attacked by Australia's friends.

No. It was neither of those. Every time I tried to distract myself from my work, I thought about Bela's excitement when she saw me. The way she smiled. Bela made my day a good day. I don't deserve her.

As my class finished, I left feeling confident. As I walked down the hallway, a couple of people waved at me in a friendly way. I even made eye contact with North Korea. I enjoyed his annoyed face. I approached my locker and saw Wales waiting for me.

He waved at me and I waved back.

"I haven't seen you this confident since the first five seconds of high school," He joked. I mean, he was right. Nothing good ever happened in high school. Middle school was okay, but it was never as bad as high school.

"Yeah, today has just been going well," I smiled as I unlocked my locker. A note fell out of my locker and I knelt down to pick it up.

"Don't read it. These things always ruin your day," Wales said, grabbing the note out of my hand and scrunching it up. I knew he was right.

I grabbed my lunch quickly and Wales and I headed toward Belarus' locker. It wasn't hard to spot her, but when I did, I noticed that Estonia seemed to be up in Bela's face. A little too close. I didn't like it.

I walked up to them. Estonia gave me one look and scoffed.

"I see you have your boyfriend to save you. This is why Papa is taking you out for training, you are the weakest of us," Estonia snapped at Bela. Estonia walked away. I wasn't having it. I grabbed Estonia by the collar and turned her around. I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Belarus is one of the strongest people I have met. If you insult her again, there will be consequences," I said angrily, but still trying to seem calm.

"Ha, yeah right. And what are you going to do? You wouldn't punch a woman," She said smugly.

"You aren't a woman. But you are right. I wouldn't punch you. There is no way I could make you uglier than you already are," I snapped.

"Ooh, harsh words from someone who isn't even on the map," Estonia smiled.

It was at that moment; she f#cked up. It only took a split second before Wales had punched her square in the face. She fell to the ground and looked up at us.

"No one talks about my friends like that," Wales replied.

"You like to think that you are someone, but really you are just a pointless nobody," Estonia responded as she stood up and started walking away. I let her go now. I turned all my attention back to Bela. I needed to make sure she was okay.

"Sisters, am I right," She laughed awkwardly.

"No sibling should treat you like that," I responded.

"Oh well. My family is all pretty messed up, you get what you get and you have to learn to live with it." She said. I kind of understood where she was coming from.

"Let's just go outside," I sighed.

Bela grabbed some snacks for herself, and we went for a walk around the school. I held her hand and silently vowed to protect my little bean at all costs. We talked about siblings until the bell rang when Bela pointed out a big problem.

"Where is Wales?" Bela asked, looking behind her.

"I thought he was following us," I added, looking behind as well. He wasn't there.

Did we leave him behind? We must have. Where would he be now? I felt terrible. When we made it back inside, we couldn't see Wales anywhere. I hoped he was okay. Bela and I tried and find him later. Neither of us had any classes with him today, so hopefully, we would find him at lunch.

Bela and I went our separate ways to our next classes. I tried to focus on what the teacher was saying, but I was having trouble concentrating. Time seemed to pass so slowly.

Eventually, lunchtime rolled around, and I had completely forgotten about Wales. Bela seemed to be in the same predicament. We went to the typical spot and continued our conversation.

Bela started talking about who she was nervous about her performance tonight. I tried my best to convince her that she would be great on stage. I have never really seen her act unless she is pretending to be over-dramatic.

"Heh, you are such a great boyfriend, not going to lie, but sometimes I feel like you are too good for me," Bela confessed.

"Too good for you? Trust me, if anything, you are way out of my league." I laughed back. Bela smiled.

I noticed she leaned in for another kiss. I did as well, but before our lips touched, I heard the sound of footsteps walking away from us. I turned my head to see who it was. It was Wales.

"Wales! Wait! Where have you been?" I asked immediately, remembering that we were supposed to look for him.

"Oh, don't worry about me. You two get back to your couple things," Wales said as he turned around. He had a smile on his face, but I didn't have a chance to talk to him more before he left the area.

I guess he was fine. He didn't seem upset. But something definitely seemed off. Bela noticed it too, but we were both stuck with what we were supposed to do. I had too much stuff on my mind, so I decided to let my brain overlook this.

Besides, I had to think about how I was going to impress Bela's dad tonight. I'm sure that couldn't go wrong. Hehe...