Watch

I looked down at the small jewellery bag and opened it. Inside was a box that looked to hold a watch of some sort. I took the box out and looked at Dad slightly confused.

"Just open it," He said in a dark voice. I held the box in my hand. It looked very flash as if whatever was in the box was very expensive. I carefully opened the box and looked inside. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't that.

In the box sat a five dollar kiddy watch. It was pink and had little cartoon flowers all over it. I was beyond confused.

"What is this?" I asked.

"That is your punishment, you have lost your phone for the week, but I didn't want you to lose track of time, so you have to wear this for the whole week," He said.

"What!? You can't make me wear this for the whole week!" I shouted at him I covered my mouth as soon as I knew what I had done. He didn't like that. He grabbed my wrist with one hand and put the watch on with the other hand. I could just take it later, but Dad was already one step ahead of me. He pulled out a small lock and clamped it around the buckle of the watch. I couldn't it off now.

I was shocked at how quickly Dad managed to get in on my wrist. He didn't let go of my wrist though which made me feel scared. I looked up at him. I started shaking and my breathing became unsteady. I felt tears come into my eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry, don't hurt me!!" I shouted out of fear. Dad's expression changed and he let go of me.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" He apologised and hugged me tightly. I never liked it when people grabbed my wrist. I have bad memories. Dad was getting better at least. He doesn't hurt us anymore like he used to.

He pulled out of the hug and looked at me apologetically. I put my arms behind my back and tried to calm down a little.

"Go to your bedroom and get changed, France is in the kitchen cooking dinner, she will call you down," Dad said softly. I nodded and left quickly avoiding contact with everyone on the way to my bedroom.

I shut the door behind me and sat on my bed I wiped away the tears and looked down at my wrist. My day was going awfully. I tried to pull the stupid watch off but I couldn't, I was shaking too much to gather the strength to.

What a way to start the week. It's only Saturday I have already had a panic attack. I didn't feel like eating anything. I just wanted to hide in my room and have everyone forget I exist. It shouldn't be too hard since half of the world doesn't think I exist anyway.

There was a knock at the door. I didn't anything but Aus let himself in any way. He sat down next to me. I covered the stupid watch with hand and looked at him.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened in Dad's office," He said.

"Why would you care?" I said in a shaky voice.

"Kiwi, please," Aus said sounding sincere.

"No! Just leave me alone,"

"Did you want more gummy snakes?" He asked.

"Where do you keep getting gummy snakes from?". Aus just shrugged and handed me the packet.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You didn't hit on the way to your bedroom like you typically do, and you were whimpering. I wanted to make sure Dad didn't hurt you," Aus explained. I looked down at the ground.

"I'm fine. Please leave me alone," I muttered. 

"Kiwi, you're shaking," he said with a concerned look in his eyes. I felt angry now. I stood up, still looking at the ground and walked over to the door.

"Get out," I commanded. Aus looked confused.

"I need you to tell me what is wrong," He said.

"I SAID GET GET OUT!" I shouted at him. Aus finally listened and left I slammed the door behind him and sunk to the floor. I started crying and I could feel my whole body shaking as the memories come back.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I muttered through the tears. No one could hear me now. 

Dinner came and I didn't want to go downstairs. I couldn't stop crying. It wasn't long before Mum's footsteps were to be heard and then a knock at my door.

"Honey, it's time for dinner, come down," She said. I didn't say anything. The door opened and she looked at the pathetic sad mess I had become on the floor.

"Would you like me to bring your dinner up here?" She asked. I nodded and she left. Mum came back upstairs with my dinner and cutlery. I sat on my bed and ate dinner. I looked out the window into the backyard. The sky was turning dark and I could see the stars become visible.

The stars always kept me company when I was alone. I knew all of the constellations in the sky and the story behind each. I opened my window and grabbed the rope from under my bed. I tied one end to the leg of my bed and threw the rest out the window.

I started climbing down the rope. I used to just jump out of the window, but Mum got angry at me for ruining her flowers. I found the rope in the shed and just kept it in my room for when I wanted to get away from the house.

I walked towards the small forest that surrounded the back yard. I knew exactly where I was going. Before long I came across the treehouse. There used to be two. America own the other one and called it the white house. Canada may have burnt it down accidently. 

I climbed the tree to get to the small treehouse. Inside were a few abandoned toys from when we were younger. My brother and I used to hang out here all the time, but then they just stopped playing here. So it is now my mini home. I sat inside and calmed down a little bit.

Stayed there for a couple of hours watching the stars, before getting tired. I climbed down from the treehouse and back to the actual house. I climbed the rope to my bedroom. I carefully pulled up the rope and hid it under my bed as I always. I got into my PJ's and climbed into bed.

Tomorrow was going to be hell, but at least it isn't now.