Nicknames

The walk home was pleasant. Everyone around me celebrated my 'freedom'. Although my official independence won't come until the end of the contract, it was still nice to be spending time with my actual family.

"Hey, what's this?" Tonga asked, pulling something out of my bag. It was Cloudy, my sheep toy. I felt embarrassed. Aus must have put it back in my bag when I wasn't looking.

"I found gummy snakes!" Fiji announced.

"Stop touching his stuff, if he wants to show you. He can do so when we get home," Maori explained, trying to put all of my stuff back in my bag. It will take a while to adjust to living with them. As one of the eldest in the home, things will be different. A big change from being the smallest to the tallest.

"Aotearoa, why have you got a CD?" Palau asked, holding the CD Canada gave me. I was uncertain about it. He said to play it in front of them. But knowing Canada, I just hoped it wasn't 'advertisement' for his little website which he showed me when I was way too young.

"Canada gave it to me," I said awkwardly.

"Cool! Can we watch it?" Tuvalu asked.

"Um, I'm not sure. I don't even know what it is," I laughed uncomfortably as small flashbacks from that awful video played in my mind.

"There is a note on the back," Palau added as she flipped over the case.

Play it to your family, they will love it!

- Canada

That just made me feel more uncomfortable.

"We can watch it when we get back," I sighed.

"Yay!" Tuvalu exclaimed. I loved my little sister, I just really hoped for her sake that Canada had enough sense to not ruin my family with his videos.

"Can I please hold the gun?" Fiji begged as Tonga held the gun above his head.

"Even I know that you would kill someone if you touched that," I laughed a little, grabbing the gun off of Tonga.

"Aww," Fiji said disappointedly.

I felt my phone buzz. I reached into my pocket for my phone and opened it. 48 missed texts. Damn, who is trying to contact me? I opened up the text app. Wales and Bela, plus an invitation to a group chat.

I checked on Bela's texts first. I could sense the others watching over my shoulder.

Belarus: Are you okay? Australia told me you had a panic attack.

I'm fine,Bel, don't worry about me: New Zealand.

I waited for her to respond.

Belarus: Okay...

Belarus: Also, well, Papa wants to meet you...

Why? I've already met him :New Zealand

Belarus: Well yeah, but he told me to invite you to dinner this Friday night

Um, okay, I guess I can go, your dad still scares the living day-lights out of me though :New Zealand

"Oooh~" The crooned loudly behind my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, but then focused my attention when I saw she was texting back.

Belarus: Gtg dinner calls. I love you ♡

I felt a blush crept onto my face, and I couldn't help but grin.

I love you more ♡♡♡ :New Zealand