Shady business

I walked off to detention, feeling slightly happier that everything was going as planned. It was definitely what I needed.

I could see Brazil waiting out the front of the detention room. He waved over to me and I waved back. He had that smug look on his face that told me he was up to something. I walked over to him to see what he was doing or why he was acting suspicious.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

"Never mind that, how's it going with Russia's sister?" He asked.

"Her name is Belarus, and it's going well," I said, starting to blush.

"Have done it yet?" He said smugly. My face went bright red as I realised what he was talking about.

"What?! No!" I said defensively.

"Oh my god, you're a virgin!" Brazil announced out loud.

"Shut up!" I panicked. I could see a few kids pass by and giggle at me.

"Nothing wrong with being a virgin," I heard Iraq say as he poked his head around the corner of the detention room.

"See! Wait... what are you doing in the detention room? Mr NATO isn't here yet," I asked, turning my attention to Iraq.

"You'll see," He replied suspiciously.

"So, are you planning on... you know, with Russia's sister?" Brazil asked. I was becoming flustered.

"He better not be," The deep voice of Russia came from behind me. I turned pale in fear.

"I'm not! I promise, I was never planning on... doing it with her, I promise!" I turned around, panicking a little more.

"Turn back around," Russia ordered. I did as he asked without question, I knew better than to get on Russia's unpleasant side. I felt him pull something off the back of my bag. I turned around to see what it was.

"America stuck this on you," He said, handing me back a strange recording device. It definitely belonged to America, all right. Did he really not trust Russia that much? I should have noticed when he patted my back. He never does that.

"Hey, do you still have the lighter? I need to borrow it," Iraq asked. I was concerned because Iraq didn't smoke, but I gave him the lighter, anyway.

"Wonderful, you four delinquents are here on time," Mr NATO sighed sarcastically. He walked into the room and the four of us followed.

I took my seat at the back of the class. So did Russia and Brazil. Iraq sat in his typical seat, away from the teacher's desk but far away from the back wall, somewhere in the middle.

"All right, before we start this session of detention, I need to make one thing clear. I know you are all troublemakers so there will be no talking and no borrowing pen or erasers. No distracting and no shady business. No going to the toilet either," Mr NATO explained in an angry tone.

Brazil laughed a little, but Mr NATO was not having any of it today.

"Brazil! Is there something you would like to say?" Mr NATO asked.

"No, Mr NATO. I just thought of something funny," Brazil responded calmly.

"Would you mind sharing it?"

"Nah, I'm good," Brazil grinned and pulled out a school book from his bag.

"Right, anyway, get on with your assignments!" He instructed. I grabbed out my PE homework and started to get to work on that. But something caught my eye.

Iraq had pulled out my light and flicked it on, I could see the flame. He awkwardly leaned down and reached for something. I looked at what he was reaching for. It was a string? No. A fuse!

As soon as Iraq got a hold of the fuse, he lit it with my lighter. Did Iraq plant a bomb?! My eyes followed the flame as it journeyed along the fuse until it led itself right to under the desk or Mr NATO.

"Oh no," I whispered to myself.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, followed by crackling and... colours. It wasn't a bomb, it was fireworks.

Mr NATO screamed so loudly and jumped up from his desk as the fireworks continued to blast. All of us watched as Mr NATO ran out of the room in fear. Once he had left, we watched the rest of the firework display. I had to admit, it was beautiful.

"So, are we going to go or not?" Iraq asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that part," Brazil blurted as he stood up from his desk.

We were able to walk out easily of the school without anyone questioning us too much. We headed off to that old store we went to last time and hid in the same spot. Brazil ran out of cigarettes and went to 'buy' more.

"Where did you get fireworks like that?!" I asked Iraq.

"I have friends," He said vaguely.

"That was an 'experience'," Russia commented.

Brazil came back with the cigarettes and handed one to Russia and I while he got one for himself as well. Iraq gave me back the lighter and we all just hung out there for a while. I felt my phone buzz, and I checked it. It was from America.

America: Hey, did you take the recorder off your bag?

Russia found it : New Zealand

America: Did you need help? I heard a loud bang come from the school

I'm fine :New Zealand

America: Are you sure? I can always come back and look after you. You are my baby brother after all

I'm done talking to you :New Zealand

I went offline, but I could continue to hear the buzzing as he tried to contact me. I would check his spam later.

"So, Russia, do you approve of that kiss Zed gave your little sister?" Brazil asked, holding up his phone to play the video.

"I have already seen the video, I don't need to see it again," Russia replied with a grumpy tone.

"So is that a yes?"

"Maybe, it's not the best idea to be asking about this," Iraq said, putting a stop to Brazil's questions.

"Hmm, fine. But anyway, have you guys ever used spray paint before?" Brazil asked. I had a bad feeling about this.