Defacing

I sat there for hours, just scaring the small stone across the concrete floor and drawing whatever came to my mind. From boats to stars to sheep. I just drew whatever made me happy. Once I filled up the floor with pictures I moved on to the walls.

I drew a picture of Dad with stink lines coming from his head. It seemed childish in hindsight but I was the one thing I was most proud of in that cellar. I spent ages defacing it and scribbled stupid words around it like fart face and smelly buttt. Yes, butt with three 't's. It was glorious.

Suddenly, there was another knock at the door and I froze. Hoping to whatever god was out there would make sure that it wasn't Dad who was going to walk through that door. Just incase I stood in front of the beautiful picture of Dad.

The door opened and thankfully, it was only America. He was bringing me lunch. I was just a bowl of baked beans. He looked around the cellar at all my pictures. I felt slightly embarrassed as America scanned his eyes around the room.

"What's behind you?" He asked as he placed the baked beans on the floor. He walked closer to me but he pushed me out of the way and saw the centre piece of my art collection. America cracked a smiled. He looked at the stone in my hand and grabbed it.

Before I knew it, America was adding to the picture as well. He drew a stupid looking mustache and beard alone with wonkey eyes and an axe in his head. We joined forces to deface our father and we spent ages laughing at his stupid face as we made him looked dumber with every scrap of the stone.

The slammed open and the familiar footsteps walked slowly down the stairs. We both froze. America had the stone in his hand and I could see how much he wanted to just drop it and run upstairs. We turned around slowly to see Australia. Wait! Australia?

It didn't take to long before he joined us too. Australia drew snakes biting Dad and spiders coming out of his fingers. I was starting to think it was kind of realistic.

"What are you guys doing? If Dad sees this you are all going to get in much worse trouble!" The voice of Canada was to be heard for the top of the stairs. America, Australia and I all stepped back and looked at our creation. We invited Canada down but he just left.

At least he was reliable and wouldn't tell Dad. He did come back though. He was holding a couple of water bottles and handed one to each of us. I was confused.

"This should come off with water, we need to get rid of it before Dad sees it," Canada explained. That gave Australia an idea. He didn't need to say it, he just started it. Aus squirted America with his bottle and America did it back. Canada went into the corner and just started washing away my pictures over there.

I joined in with the water fight, obviously. It didn't take long before all of my pictures were gone and my bed was completely soaked. At least I wouldn't have to sleep in it tonight. My brothers left completely soaked, even Canada who tried to avoid it. Australia and America wouldn't let him leave dry.

I waved goodbye to them as they trudged up the stairs dripping wet. They closed the door and I was all alone once more. I put the mattress back in the old cupboard as it was always tradition to keep our comfort a mystery to Dad.

I saw the stone in the corner of the cellar. I walked over to it and picked it up. Who would have thought that only a stone could make a punishment so much more enjoyable. I put it in the old cupboard for the next time I am stuck in this miserable place.

I started feeling hungry and then remembered the baked beans America had brought down for me to eat. Yeaah, no. The baked beans were cold and swimming around in the water. I was discusted by just the sight of it. I tried to pour it out the vent to get rid of it.

As I looked out the vent I saw the same guy who I saw at the bus stop yesterday. I watched him cross the road and put something in the mailbox. He then looked at me. He seemed a little surprised but then put his finger to his mouth and told me to not say a word. He then turned around and left without explantion.

I felt a little bit unsafe, but the guy seemed somewhat justified for some reason. His flag looked familiar but I couldn't quite place my finger on who it was. I sat down to try and remember. No names came to my mind but I felt I was so close to knowing who it was.

I felt frustrated. I usually remember the names of everyone I met, why couldn't I remember his? With the mixed feelings of confused and hungry, I opened up the second packet of lollies to snack on.

They were gone in seconds and the boredom began to settle in. My clothes were completely wet too and with the cold breeze blowing in through the vent, it did not make me feel any better.

By the time the final knock at the door comes, my clothes a damp and I had goosebumps up and down my arms and legs. Dad stands in front of me disaprovingly and pulls me to my feet. He takes me upstairs and into his office.

He still looked just as feed up with me today as he was yesterday. I knew that the worst part of the punishment was over but I could tell that Dad wasn't finished punishing me yet. He had another plan I could see it in his eyes.

He handed me a small jewellery bag and asked me to open it.