Season 9 Episode 7: Roamer

One Month Later...

Owen and Heather were walking through an abandoned downtown area, no dead to be found amongst the streets. Overgrown plants all over the buildings and walls around them.

"So." Heather says as they slowly walk. Owen looks over to her, strapped around them both are rifles.

"So?" Owen asks confused.
"How you liking my city?" She says smiling over towards him. Owen stops, making her too, he looks around. "Not the worst place I've been," he jokes.

They both stay quiet for a moment when Owen turns to walk again.
"I've known you a month and still, haven't learned your story," He tells her.
"Oh yeah? Is that the special mission you were so desperately trying to get me to go on alone," She asks him.
"Partially," he answers.
"Well, maybe down the road I'd tell you, but to hold you over till then..." they stop walking again.
"This is still my story," she says and grabs Owens shirt, pulls him towards her and kisses him.
"Yeah, and it looks like the best chapter just started," Owen adds.

From a complex near them, the door slowly opens, the dim lights from the inside make a figure glow as it comes out the door.

"I got it," Heather says pushing Owen back a little bit.
She grabs a knife from her side and flicks it open.
Heather stabs the undead in the head and pushes it back into the dim lit entrance.

She walks in and Owen follows her, walking through door ways with their knifes at the ready when they find a room. The cleanest one there.
Owen walks in and puts his knife away.
"Clear," he announces to her. She closes the door behind him. "What're you.."

"This is might be your mission, but it feels like I'm the only one working it," she says and pushes Owen into the wall as she kisses him.

* * * * * * *

"Arthur you can't just fucking expect everyone to do things for you man, I'm teaching you so one day, maybe one day you won't need someone else to help you with a car," Kolton says to Arthur as the two are in a garage, working on a car.

"What do you mean, I'll just have you help with what I need," Arthur says.

Kolton looks at the boy.
"You know, when I was your age I said the same, me and my dad would work on building a bike together so we could ride through the country, see the world before we couldn't anymore, but as you can see Arty, he's not here, and one day," he looks him in the eyes.
"I'm not going to be here either, and it's going to be you on your own,"

Arthur looks back towards the car. "Yeah, ma always told me me and her would find a safe place to visit once I got old enough,"

The door to the garage opens as Olivia walks in with Kiara. The two are going over food and looking for tools in the garage.
"Oh.. didn't know you guys were still working in here," Olivia says.

"We're almost done, few more things to put on and then I'm gunna let Arty take it for a spin," Kolton says. He smiles over to Olivia as she smiles back.

Kiara walks over to Arthur and stands next to him.
"Is it difficult fixing this?" She asks him.
"Honestly, I'm just watching Kolton do it, he makes it seem easy," Arthur says and they both laugh.

* * * * * *

"Well it's been a minute," Owen says and tightens his belt back up.
"Oh that lasted a lot longer than a minute," Heather giggles and rubs Owens shoulders.

Suddenly a crash, most likely from glass is heard from the hallway.
"Oh fuck, we might wanna get going," Owen says grabbing his stuff and getting ready to fight.
"It's probably just a roamer, don't worry," Heather assures him.

"Yeah check upstairs, anything alive take it out," They both hear.
Owen grabs his knife and pushes Heather behind one of the tables in the room.
"Just a Roamer huh," Owen whispers to her.

The door slowly opens as Owen readies himself, walking inside was a man dressed in all camo gear, almost like military, he points his gun in first not noticing Owen.

Owen slips behind him and grabs his neck from behind and slams him onto the ground, the noise was loud, but most likely not loud enough to alarm the guy upstairs.

The mans gun fell from his grips as it sat next to him, Heather walked over to it and picked it up.
"Who are you?" Owen whispers to the guy he has in a chokehold.

The man struggles to break free but doesn't quite get it. Owen holds him tighter.
"Who.. are... you," Owen says tightening his grip.

Soon the man started to fade away, he was reaching for Heather, trying to grab his gun when she took a step back.
"Shhhh, stop," Owen says and tightens, the man went limp, his arms hit the floor, Owen waited a few more seconds before letting go.
"Damn, he was strong," Owen says catching his breath.

They both look at the doorway, there stood the man that was supposedly upstairs.
"Fu-," Owen was cut off by the sound of a gunshot, coming from his gun, impaling Owen in the side.

Within a second, Heather drew the weapon she just obtained and shot the man back, blowing his brains all over the hall behind him.

She drops the gun and looks over to Owen who was now laying on the ground.
"Are you okay," she says shocked.
"No, ah fuck," Owen says trying to sit up.
"Let's get you back home," She says setting the gun down, the shots were enough to drain the undead into the once deserted area, the windows had dusty and moldy hands banging against them.

Owen tried standing up when blood starts coming from his wound, soaking his shirt.
"Damnit," he says clenching his teeth together.
Heather raps his arm around her and she starts walking while he tries to stay at her pace.

"Oh shit," She says, some of the undead come through the front door. She turns around back towards the room when she notices some undead arms breaking through the window.
"Damnit, just leave me here," Owen says, she sets him down against a wall, closes the door and gets her gun ready.
"I'm not leaving here without you," she says tearing up.
"Then your not dying here with me," Owen says grabbing his rifle and reading it, still sitting against the wall.
"Let's do this..." she says to herself.