Season 9 Episode 2: The Homestead

Moments Later...

The aroma of the grill centered throughout the community, the smell of hamburgers and ground bratwurst filled everyone's noses, this was normal here, being safe, comfortable, having food when you need it.

Many of the people living here had jobs, some on the farms, wether it was plants or animals, no one minded working for their stay. On the other hand, people still needed to leave and get certain items such as gas, medical supplies and the smaller ingredients needed for the other jobs. That's where Owen and Olivia came in.

Most of the time, Owen and Olivia would be the main two going in runs, trading with the other communities and looking for what the place needed to maintain comfortability,

Owen walked through the parks set in the middle of the community, a pond laid there with a bridge standing over the middle. On the side where benches, most of the time that's where his and Olivias father would spend his time.

"Hey Dad," Owen says sitting next to his father. Olivia stands next to the bench while her brother reaches into his bag.
"What did ya end up finding," He said. The father was a smart fellow, surviving through what seemed to be the beginning of the end of the world.

Glenn, Glenn Wank, after leaving with the military all those years back, the safe place he hoped and dreamed of soon crumbled, like everything else seemed to do.

"Check it out," Owen says handing the game boy to his father. Glenn grabs the device from him and examines it.
"You know how long it's been since I've seen one of these," Glenn says.

"Well since before me and Owen where born at least," Olivia joked. Someone else was walking towards the family as they sat there next to the water. Veronica, she was the only person left from the group back when Dominick was still around. After leaving with Glenn and the group, she got really close with them, stuck to their side, she was the only person who really knew Andrew the same way Glenn did, making it easy for them to bond over not having their partners next to them. Soon, they became best friends.

"Hey guys," Veronica says, older now, wiser, over the years she's learned so much, and even now with her son. Arthur, he was a young lad with a lot of energy, always bottled up, he might of been younger than Owen and Olivia, but they've been together most of their life and it's almost like they are related in a way.

"Hey V, sup Arty," Owen says dabbing Arthur up.
"Not much, just got back from school," Arthur says.
"They teaching you good?" Olivia buds in.
"Oh definitely, learning how to do long division is so much more useful now than loading a damn gun," Arthur says.
"Hey, I had to learn it, so do you," Owen laughs.

Glenn stands up, grabbing his cane, he limps towards the water, Veronica walks with him.
"Oh and Owen, Bryce wants to see you at his office," She looks back.

"Fuck," Owen says.
"What?" Olivia asks. Owen and Bryce have had a rough start to their association. Bryce is in charge of a lot around the community, instead of one mind behind controlling the operation, a few people do, and it just so happens to be Owens worst enemy that's become his boss.
"He fucking knows I've been stealing extra shit for when we go on runs," Owen says kicking the dirt.
"Want us to go with you?" Arthur asks.
"Nah, I best do this by myself, he apparently always has a problem with me," Owen adds.

Bryces Office...

Owen and Brice sit across from each other, in the middle of them sits a map.
"You know what this place is?" Bryce points out a place on the other side of the safe point.
"That's outside our trade limits," Owen responds. "Never been there, why?"

Bryce grabs a pencil and circles where their community is, the fellow townships around them with survivors and the trade limits. The trade limits is a area around all the community's where you are safe to go, it's partially maintained by the Capital, a group of people who made their job to keep order between the community's and keeping as many of the dead down.

"This spot," he circles another spot farther away, somewhere you can't reach on foot unless you plan on dying.
"What about it," Owen interrupts.
"Scouts from Capital claim there's a group out here setting shop, now if that's true, we need to get them in our agreement," Bryce says.
"Okay, and?" Owen asks.
"And, it'll be a big problem, that means the Capital would have more places to maintain, we would need more farms built depending on trades and the outcome of these people actually being willing to stick to the agreement, I don't believe it'll work," Bryce explains.
"Let me guess, you want me and Olivia to check it out," Owen says standing up.

Bryce slides a letter across the desk, in an envelope, fully written by him and the other people that run the community. They named it Homestead, not the most brilliant name but it works.

"Find who's in charge, somehow don't get killed, and give them this letter," Bryce stamps it with hot wax, a giant H on it. "And Owen, go see Kolton at the armory, I know you've been stealing extra shit," he says.
"Damnit, was hoping no one would notice," Owen rats himself out.

Owen walks out the office, down the road until he reaches the center where his family, Veronica and Arthur where still at.
"So how'd it go," Veronica asks.
"Sending me and Olivia on a damn mission," He answers holding up the envelope.
"What's that?" Glenn asks. Turning away from the water.
"There's a new settlement Capital scouts seen or some shit, we gotta give them this and make an agreement," Owen says.

"Oh no, I just got back," Olivia says crossing her legs on the bench.
"Well, we gotta see Kolton at the armory, we could probably sweet talk him into going with us," Owen says.
"Shut up," Olivia quickly stands up and punches her brother in the arm.
"Kolton? Smith?" Glenn asks.
"Yeah, Olivias little dream boat," Owen laughs.

Owen and Olivia lock eyes and she starts to blush a little, Owen laughs and Arthur also finds it a little humorous.
"Let's go," she says grabbing her brothers shirt storming off towards the armory.

End Of Episode 2...