As Coach Nekomata peeked at Karasuno's side of the court, Ai smiled.
"Are you curious about my team, Coach Nekomata?"

The older coach laughed heartily. "Hm, of course I am. It's Keishin's team after all."

Ai giggled with him and watched as her junior manager worked hard, fumbling sometimes here and there.

The whistle blew, and they continued. At one point, Kageyama dug up a spike from the opposite team, to which even Nishinoya complimented. Daichi covered for him, but it was a bit short. Asahi jumped to hit the ball, but Hinata was also already in the air.

Sugawara gasped when he saw, while Ai immediately called him out.

"Shōyō!"

The first-year crashed into Asahi's side and fell onto his back. The ball dropped and bounced away. A moment of silence followed, as everyone stopped and stared. The timid ace started to panic, but Hinata quickly sat up.

The first-year proceeded to make a dogeza as he apologized repeatedly. He might have acted completely subconsciously just then, but it looked like Hinata was trying to steal the toss from the ace.

Perhaps it was time for the fledgling crows to evolve, as chicks grow up and leave the nest. Hopefully, it would be a blessing rather than a curse for their team.

However, evolution doesn't come to those that don't seek change. If that's what you wish, no matter if you are the star of the court, the hero, or the ace that brings forth the victory, be greedy and declare that you are the one at the summit.

Afterward, things got heated with the duo, and the tension between Hinata and Kageyama increased.

Hinata proclaimed that he was going to stop closing his eyes for the quick attack, and it was a confrontation for them all. "We can't keep going like this. It's no good to do the fast attacks that you let me hit."

"You learned the normal fast attack because the other was something you couldn't manage, right?" the setter argued. "I don't know what you're thinking, but if you have something to say, I'll listen to it later. But if you're saying you're gonna do that right now, I have no intention of tossing the ball to someone who I know will miss."

It wasn't just them. After Hinata and Asahi had bumped into each other, they were all on edge. Hinata had blurted out what they had all realized, and his greed for becoming the ace was creeping up on Asahi. Nervousness ran through their bodies, making them more stiff than usual.

Ai took this chance to try a mental exercise. Inhaling some courage, she shouted at the team. "What are you so tense about, Yū!? Your fight isn't over yet!" Both teams plus their coaches stared at her with dropped jaws. "Ryu! Spike with care, don't hit it till it breaks! Look up, Asahi-san! Breathe! Call it out, Sawamura-senpai! Shōyō, do you want Lev to spike past you!? Keep up!"

Sugawara looked worried and terrified at the same time. "What's gotten into her?"

"Is she mad?" Yamaguchi asked nervously.

"Uhh... No...? I think she's just trying something?" Ennoshita answered.

Kiyoko caught on to her plan. "Ai-chan..." she whispered as Yachi wondered if the second-year manager was okay.

Unfortunately, Nekoma's ace got in the last ball and spiked it through. "All right!!!" Taketora shouted with the team.

The set ended with another one of their losses; 18-25, Nekoma.

Ai swiftly distributed the towels and water bottles and assisted the players in cooling down from the exercise.

"Let's go!" Daichi called, leading the team for a lap of flying receives. The guys got in line and waited for their turn. Nishinoya laughed at Hinata's attempt of a diving receive and showed him an example as an expert libero.