"Ok", both of us start speaking at the same time.

"You go ahead", Jake insists.

"I think we should focus on the differences of the harder ones first. I mean the difference to write a novel or a poetry is pretty obvious. While I think radio and TV drama, screenwriting and stage drama are harder to pick apart."

"Totally agree with you."

"Honestly? You are not making a fuss about this or mocking me?"

"Why the hell should I, I thought about it in the same way. How about each of us take one of the topics first, check up all the characteristics and then we work out together where the differences lay?"

"First decent sentence I've heard from you for ages."

He sighs again and I see his shoulders slack down. "Ok, I'll take screenwriting if it's ok you want to do stage drama?"

"Fine."

We work a whole while in total silence next to each other. Even if it's hard for me, as I feel his presence across from me all too well. In between I feel his eyes set on me, but I resist to look up. Resist to look in those green eyes which capture me automatically without me being able to fight it.

"I've not had a relationship either anymore since us", he whispers out of the blue.

What the hell? Why is he saying this now?

"I couldn't, you were always there, always on my mind Sam. I thought you should know."

"Jake stop talking and get down to your work."

A moment of silence lingers in the air, then I look up at him. Fuck I didn't want to do that. His eyes are still set on me and now his eyes lock with mine.

"I'm so sorry Sam, not one single day has passed where I haven't thought about this shit."

"Sorry but I don't believe a single fucking word you say. Your two blonds last night were proof enough."

"It's all a fucking facade to escape the wrong I did."

"Too bad, because it's too late to apologize now. And now get down to that fucking work", I hiss.

"How am I supposed to concentrate on this shit, if you are right in front of me?", he replies with a pained voice.

"Fine, then maybe we should work the topics out by ourselves and just join up for a last finish."

"No, we are doing this together. If you like it or not", he says it with finality.

"Fine then concentrate", I grit out between clenched teeth.

I see hurt and anger on his face, but eventually he lowers his gaze and starts working again. It's damn shit a lot of work to go in detail through all of this, defining what characteristics are behind of it and to really understand what they mean. After another three hours both Jake and I are done with our topics for today.

"I'll get us a coffee or something, before we work this out together. Any special wishes?", Jake offers obviously exhausted.

"A caramel Latte please."

After a few minutes he returns with our drinks, seating himself beside me. As he reaches out to hand me my drink, our hands make contact. Both of us tense up immediately, it's like in a movie or those typical books. Just the slightest touch of him, has my heart beating like crazy. His eyes lock with mine and it takes us a few seconds to draw back.

Shit why the hell am I reacting like this to him? Afterall I hate him. I set my drink down while I hear Jake clear his throat.

He pulls his stuff over from the other side of the table.