Chapter 25: Standing Ovation

George brought the drinks back to the hermit's room, and sat down with Bad and Skeppy.

They seemed to have entirely forgotten about the pool incident, and were just enjoying each other's company, albeit drunkenly.

"ThAnK y0u Georg, y0u Are my FAvoRitE MUFFIN UWU."

George had to laugh at Bad's absolutely horrible British accent he used when addressing him. He intentionally put on a heavy accent to respond.

"WhY oF CouRsE JollY FeLLoW, AnYthInG f0r My mAtES. I SAy, BudGe Up ThAr, I mAsT SiT mYseLf InA p0sH MannAR."

The three of them howled in laughter after this, and Bad scooched over so George could sit and he gave them da drinks.

Skeppy poked Bad's face like three times before Bad went "WHAHHHH?!"

"I thot I was ur favorite muffin Bad. I made u a duckie onesie and u pick Georg over me whyyyyyyyyyyyy." The last word was a wail as Skeppy pulled his duck hood over his face in distress.

"AH NO SKEOPPYURMY FAVORITE SKEPPYY-" Bad tried to pull Skeppy's hood up but Skeppy resisted, whining- "WHYYY BAD I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND YOU STILL DONT APPRECIATE ME!" Skeppy sniffed from inside his onesie, with Bad trying furiously to open it up and see his face.

"NO GEPPYIAPPRECIATEYOUIPROMISEURMYFAVORITEMUFFIN IPROMISEURMYFAVORITEMUFFIN ITSNOTGEORGE GEPPPPYYYYYYYY!"

At this point George's attention started to wander around, like it did when Bad and Skeppy got preoccupied with each other.

After a minute he just wandered away to idly chat with the hermits, the room was a little unsteady but whatever thats just the ocean.

He swayed over to Mumbo and Grian, who were gently bopping to the song Talk Too Much by COIN and chatting with some girl with a cool masquerade owl mask.
"-I'm not really observant I just pay attention-"

George bust into their conversation, heedlessly interrupting it- but I have to say something-

"OI! WHY DO Y0U GUYS N0T HAVE SHOES?"

The owl girl blinked and Grian looked down at his feet then back up at him. "Long story, not important-"

"That was a bit rude-" Grian cut off the owl girl and waved her away with a look that said something like 'we can talk later he needs my attention now.'

She shurgged and moved on as Mumbo said to George, "I think you've had one too many beers, mate."

"NO," George said. "I haventt had enoogh."
He followed this with a big swig from his cup.

"Whoa ok-" Mumbo gently took away his beer, despite George's soft little 'nooooooo'- "You've had enough of that."

Grian looked at George curiously. "Why do you say that?"

George refocused on Grian's face, thinking,

"CUZ my bird left me and I'm sad."

Grian looked at Mumbo like 'do you know what he's talking about?' but Mumbo just shrugged.

Then George stretched out his hands to tall Mumbo like a baby reaching for a pacifier and said, "gimme gimme."

After a shurg from Grian, Mumbo gave George back his drink. Then he endeavored to distract him from it by asking questions.

"How are you feeling, mate?"

George leaned to the side and just about tumbled over; his head was aching.
"I'm knackered."

"Yeah, you look it," Grian said. "I could use a rest, myself." He moved to sit down on another couch.

"Yeah," Mumbo agreed, "we don't want Gremlin Grian to come out."