Chapter 22: Furry Udders

Clay watched George weave back through the crowd but Techno quickly redirected his attention to the other guys apparently waiting to meet him.
He looked at the unfamiliar faces with the ones he recognized from the other school.

"Hi, I'm Clay, these goofballs call me The Dream." He smiled in a friendly way.

"Harvey-" a guy in a green, orange, and red costume shook his hand- "but you can call me TapL." He was kinda short with short black hair.

"Cool. What are you drinking? I don't think I've seen that one before."

TapL looked at the rich gold liquid in his cup. "This is Strongbow Gold Apple Cider; it's my favorite."

"Hey- I'm Eret, nice to meet you."

"Hi Eret. I like your... Elmo?"

Eret laughed. "Yeah, I would have spent more time on a costume, but it was never meant to be."

Eret had fluffy-looking brown hair; he patted the weird red snake-worm thing over his shoulders. "This guy's like my pet tonight."

Tommy just appeared. "Well at least you aren't going full furry like those guys."

"YOU KNOW WHAT TOMMY-" Fundy padded over angrily, followed by Zelkham, Mega, Spifey, and someone new in a little reindeer onesie.

Fundy walked right up into Tommy's face. "You know why I wore this Tommy?"

"Hey, Clay," said Zelk.

"Hey."

"NO, because you probably expected to be made fun of." Tommy replied to Fundy.

Fundy was dressed like a fox with a cute little black hat over his fluffy fox ears.

"Yeah Tommy, I knew you'd make fun of me but I want you to stop so I wore it again."

I don't see the logic there.

"Well-" Tommy whipped out his phone and took a picture of angry fox Fundy- "now I have photo evidence so I'm making fun of you forever."

"Pffffffft, Tommy will you send me that?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah of course, Tubbo. There you go. You want it Clay?"

"Uhhhhh."

I don't want Fundy to be mad at me but also this is really funny.

"Yeah send it to him. I don't care." Fundy crossed his arms.

"Yeah! Tell him, Fundy! He can't call us all furries!" Vurb legit just popped up out of nowhere. He was in a pug costume in a Cookie Monster costume.

"Yes, I can. You guys are all furries."

"Hey-" Zelk raised his arms- "I'm not affiliated with them."
He was dressed as a reindeer thing though. "I'm ZelkTheElk."

"Well I AM affl- afflat- aspirated with them." Spifey stood with Fundy and Vurb.
"FURRY GANG!"

"No, guys-" Fundy pointed to his costume- "I'm not a furry. It's just a costume."

"Yeah we're all dressed as furries!" Vurb was like, super excited. But he also looked like he didn't know what was going on.

"Soooooo- anyway, Clay, have you met Callahan?" Zelk introduced the guy next to him.

"No, I hadn't. Hi"

"Hi." Callahan was in a deer costume kind of like Zelk's but a darker brown with what looked like a Captain America mask.

"I don't think I recognize you from the field today."