Chapter 5: I hate Mondays

Clay listened with amusement to Bad and Skeppy argue as he sat down at the lunch table.

"... no he was saying it's NOT good to eat!" Skeppy was saying.

"I'm not SaYinG that I'm about to eat it but it was really fluffy and it looked just like marshmallows! IT LOOKED YUMMY OK?!"

"YOU WOULD DIE IF YOU ATE THAT!!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE BAD HUH IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!"

"NO OF COURSE NOT SKEPPY I JUST-"

"WOULD U GUYS STFU ALREADY." a6d said, tired of their shit.

"NO!" They both yelled at the same time; then Bad said "And LANGUAGE!"

A6d groaned and poked at his baked potato.

"Oh hi Clay!" Bad finally noticed him.

Clay chuckled at his friend's antics and said hi back.

"AUASHDHSGGH I hate this American food it's so baaaaaaaddddd." a6d complained.

"WELL WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO BACK TO FRANCE THEN IF ITS SO BAD HUH?!" Skeppy turned on him.

"IM NOT GOING BACK BECAUSE OF A POTATO SKEPPY UR SO DUMB!"

As Clay watched a6d yell back at Skeppy across the table he wondered why Skeppy was so fired up today. No one really liked the cafeteria food.
Bad was completely unfazed by him because he's used to Skeppy. Bad asked a6d curiously, "hey a6d how do you say potato in French?"
They both ignored him as Skeppy picked up his potato.

"OH IM DUMB WELL HOW ABOUT THIS" he aimed straight at a6d's face.

Not another food fight, Clay thought.

A6d stared straight in Skeppy's eyes. "You wouldn't fucking dare."

"WANNA BET??" Skeppy lifted the potato higher.

"Hey LANGUAGE" Bad said right before he snatched the potato out of Skeppy's hand and took a bite of it.

They all stared at him in surprise.

"What?" He said with his mouth full, "You guys are being potatoes." he shook it at them to emphasize the point.
Clay muffled his laugh with his hand as a6d and Skeppy sat back down.

"And besides," Bad continued, "you don't want to start another food fight, Skeppy. That's so wasteful."

Skeppy just huffed and crossed his arms. Clay was still giggling as Bad started to dig into his own potato.

Clay asked him, "Hey, Bad, why were you sleeping on the bus this morning?"

"Oh, um, I was super tired from playing xbox last night. Skeppy made me stay up."

"I DID NOT!!!" Skeppy turned to him.

"You're just upset because that guy kept beating you." Bad retorted.

"No he didn't! I, like, only lost to him a few times," he huffed again, "he just had lucky timing."

"I'm just surprised your parents let you stay up on a school night," Clay cut in, "mine never do that." He yawned.

Bad looked uncomfortable, "yeah, uh, they didn't exactly know I was still up... but you seem kinda tired too. Did you get enough sleep?"

Clay froze under Bad's gaze. "Uhhh"

They're my friends. I can tell them.

The others noticed his hesitation and looked up at him.

They'll think I'm weird.
No, I can tell them.
No, I won't.

"Clay?" Bad asked.