Chapter 9: F

Clay watched anxiously as Bad's character was overwhelmed by enemies on screen.
Skeppy was yelling something about coming and cursing the monsters in his way as he struggled to get to Bad's warlock.

But he wasn't fast enough.
Bad screamed dramatically as his character died.

RIP.

"F" said a6d.

Dying in Destiny 2 isn't the end of the world, you can be revived by another player, it just takes time and makes it harder for the surviving players because they're targeted more while trying to help you. Also it's tricky to get to the character's body if they're surrounded by bloodthirsty monsters.

All the three of them could do now was watch Skeppy fight his way over and hope he wasn't brutally murdered before getting to Bad.
They were all watching Skeppy's screen when an explosion went off in the middle of Bad's.

"What the hell was that?" Skeppy said as he glanced at the flash on Bad's screen before returning attention to his own.

"I don't know." Bad replied. "It looked like a grenade, but you didn't throw it, and I'm dead."

"Must've been that other guy..." Clay murmured while keeping his eyes fixed on Bad's stagnant POV.

Soon enough, the other figure came into view and hovered over Bad, reviving him.

"HEY!" Bad exclaimed. "That's nice of him."
Skeppy scowled.

"I was coming to get you." He said sulkily.

"Well that would have taken a lot longer and you might've died so I'm just aPPrEciAtiNG..."

Clay wasn't listening to them argue as he was examining the third player. Now that he wasn't darting around anymore, Clay could finally read his gamertag.

nootnootfound.

Lol. Weird.

The dude finally finished resurrecting Bad and sprung off into the horde of monsters.

A few minutes later the boss finally came crashing down and Bad celebrated with a "WOOOOOO TEAMWORK!"

Skeppy still looked a little glum, but he couldn't help but smile as Bad started shaking him excitedly. The smile fell from his face, though, when Bad suggested:
"Let's message the guy."

"What, why?! All he did was revive you!"

"I wanna say thank you!" Bad made a pouty face that Skeppy couldn't resist.

"Fine." Skeppy pulled up his account and leaned back as the game transitioned back to the lobby.

"Hold on," Bad said, confused, as he opened the chat, "is that George?"

"George from school?" A6d leaned forward curiously.

"Noob." Said Skeppy. "What kind of idiot shows his real name on- ACKCULBUBWHATTHEFUQUKWKWB"

Clay turned his head in slow motion to see the fountain of Dr Pepper shooting out of Skeppy's hands onto his face.
Bad dove out of the way and Vincent doubled over laughing as Skeppy sputtered and tried to stop the flow with his hands.

Skeppy's expression was so priceless Clay dissolved into his teakettle wheezes. He felt a little guilty for not telling them about the sodas but he was laughing so hard it left his mind quickly.

Leaving them with a sticky mess to clean up, an angry Skeppy disappeared to wash his face or maybe take a whole shower.
The other three were still chuckling at him as they threw a towel over the floor and decided to worry about it tomorrow. They almost forgot about George with all the "Did you see his face?!" and "He went WHATDAFAQ haHA, priceless."