Chapter 21: Fermented Apples in a Cup

TW // mention of vomiting (things like this continue for the next few chapters)

George thought the party so far had met his expectations; that is, it was disappointing.

He probably got there too early. There were lots of people he didn't know, many of them were already tipsy.

Wonder what they've been drinking. Probs hard apple cider.

He heard the door and walked over, hoping it was someone he knew.

"TRICK OR TREAT!" It was Bad and an unenthusiastic Skeppy.
"HEY George! Is Clay here yet?"

"No," George let them inside. "I was early; plus it's normal for Clay to lose track of time. He gets distracted easily."

"Yeah, I'm used to that," said Skeppy.

"OOOH, Skeppy let's go look at everyone's costumes!"

"Wait-" George stopped Bad- "I haven't looked at your guy's yet."

"Oh yeah do you like mine?" Bad spun around.

He was decked out in an elaborate costume with black clothes and red stripes; he had a black cloak with the hood over his head and two little devil horns poking out under a halo. He also had tiny wings and a little pointed tail.

George was impressed. "Did you make it yourself?"

"Yeah I spent loads of time on it. BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Look, I have a bandana!"

"And a sword," Skeppy added.

"Yeah! I'll slice you up!" Bad pulled the fake sword off his back and swung it around, kicking at Skeppy with his brown combat boots.
"HI-YA!"

"BAD STOP OMG you look like a plushie toy."

"You're one to talk." Bad put his sword away and put his hands on his hips.

Skeppy was in a duckling onesie.

"That's not the point AND YOU MADE ME THIS!"

"YEAH BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU'D APPRECIATE MY HARD WORK!"

These guys actually can't go five minutes without shouting at each other.

Skeppy's onesie actually looked really good, especially since it was made by Bad. He must be good at sewing and fabric stuff.

Bad and Skeppy finally stopped yelling at each other and Bad turned back to George.
"What are you dressed as?"
"Yeah nice shoes."

"Oh." George looked down at himself. He was wearing jeans and a light blue shirt with his glasses from Dream. He had thrown in some tall black boots last minute to make it more interesting.

He shrugged. "I don't know, I kinda just tossed stuff together."

"It works pretty well actually." George smiled at Bad's compliment.

"Yeah you look fabulous come on let's go drink something." Skeppy pulled Bad towards the kitchen and George followed; he didn't have anything else to do.

Bad looked around as they walked through the rooms. "It looks like there are a lot of sports guys here."

"WHat? Why do you point that out?"

"Nothing, I just don't know a lot of people."

"Whatever." Skeppy sped up. He muttered under his breath, "why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?"

"Here it is." They got to the kitchen. There were a bunch of drinks on the counter with loads of glasses and red plastic cups plus like 50 Jell-O shots in one corner.