14) Planning

Y/n's POV

Fred, George, Lee and i were walking towards the Black Lake where the second Triwizard Tournament task is held. Twins were done making bets with others who wanted to bet. We were talking about pranks and twins' new plans for the joke shop when Harry and Neville approached us.

"Did you see Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked us.

"No." I answered. "I didn't see them since we told you three that McGonagall is looking for them last night."

"I didn't see them since then too." He said. "Where are they?" Harry muttered to himself. "Thanks anyway Y/n."

"No problem. Good luck, Harry." I said.

"Thanks!" He yelled back leaving with Neville.

We were at the stands watching champions jump in the lake. They have one hour to find their treasure meaning will have to wait until something interesting happen. I leaned my head on Fred's shoulder and engage in boys' conversation to kill time.

"Who do you think will be first?" George asked.

"Harry." Fred, Lee and i said.

"What do you think they used to breath under water?" Lee asked

"No idea." Twins said.

"There's a spell for that. They probably used that." I said shrugging.

An hour and more passed and Fleur was taken out earlier. Some time passed and Cedric and Ravenclaw's Seeker, Cho Chang, got out of water. Following behind them shark-looking Krum got out with Hermione.

"Hermione!" I said and run towards her when i saw her.

"Y/n! Wait up!" Fred yelled behind me. Him, George and Lee coming along with me.

The only ones left were Harry, Ron and Fleur's little sister. Not soo long after Ron and Fleur's sister come in our sight. But Harry was nowhere to be seen. Twins helped Ron and Gabrielle to get out of water. Just then Harry jumped out of water. Judges were talking and instead of leaving Harry on third place they placed him on second because of moral qualities or something. Twins wouldn't stop teasing him because of that.

***

Ginny, Hermione and i were doing our homework in common room. We were talking about today's task. Hermione told us what McGonagall and judges told her and Ron.

"Y/n why don't you ask my brother out?" Ginny asked suddenly asked. "I mean Fred is completely smitten with you. And who says it has to be guy asking girl out? You should ask him."

"I don't know Ginny." I said. "I mean he may like me, but..."

"Oh Godric you two are unbelieveble! You two are in love with each other for years and you're still afraid to ask the other out!" She said.

"She's right, you know." Hermione said not really helping me.

"Of course i'm right. You two are driving everyone crazy! Everyone see that you're in love with each other except for you and Fred!" Ginny said.

"Maybe i'll ask him but i don't know." I said.

"Okay we can go to Hogsmead tommorrow and think of a plan. Then you can ask him." Ginny said.

"Ginny, why are suddenly soo interested in Fred and i getting together?" I asked her.

"Because i made... because i want you two to be happy." She said obviously lying.

"Wait. What did you make?" I asked.

"A ship name." She said a little to quickly for me to believe her.

"You're hiding something Weasley. Spill it out." I said.

"I don't hide anything L/n." She said and returned to her homework.

"Yeah, right. Hermione what is she hiding?" I asked Hermione.

"It's non of my business so i know nothing." She said. "But you and Fred should really get together soon. It's true that you driving school insane."

"We'll get together." I said. I hope we will.

"I swear if neither of you make a move i will hex you to kiss." Ginny said.

"Ginny, chill out. You are impossible sometimes." I said.

"So are you and Fred but you don't see me complaining." She said and i rolled my eyes.

I really hope Fred will ask me out soon or i will find courage to ask him. I'm not really sure if he likes me and i don't want to ruin our friendship. I may be brave and confident but when i comes to him it all disappears.

Fred's POV

I sat on my bed trying to think of a way to ask Y/n to be my girlfriend. I can't just ask the girl i love to be my girlfriend in simple way. Y/n's special and this have to special too. The problem is i can't think of anything special enough. I can plan perfect prank in less then ten minutes but not this. This girl is something else. Something really really special. The door opened and George walked in.

"Detention is over?" I asked him. Filch caught him when we were pulling prank.

"Yeah. You'll pay for ditching me." He said.

"That's a payback for ditching me when Snape caught us." I said.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He said. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to think of a way to ask Y/N to be my girlfriend." I said. "I see now that she likes me back."

"Finally! You'll finally ask her!" George said loudly. "Took you long enough. But you're still blind. She fucking loves you!"

"You think?" I asked.

"Yes, you dumbass!" He said. "Godric why am i related to this idiot?"

"George do you want to help me or do you want to keep being annoying?" I asked annoyed.

"I'll help you. I'll use your girlfriend-to-be's words." He said. "Did you think of approaching her and asking her "Y/n will you be my girlfriend?" ?"

"It can't be that simple, George." I said groaning. "It has to something special."

"You know that Y/n will "yes" no matter how you ask her." George said.

"Yeah, but i want it to be special. She can have any guy she wants and she still likes me." I said. "I want to do something nice for her and ask her in special way."

"You've fallen hard, Freddie." George said smiling. "I'm happy for you."

"I did. And thanks Georgie." I said smiling. "How is the thing with Angie going?" I teased him.

"W-what do you mean?" He asked.

"Come on, we're twins i know you like her." I said.

"I don't know. I mean she's really pretty and funny. And we had great time on Yule Ball." George said. "But back to original problem. Did anything come to your mind?"

"Yeah. Listen and tell me if it's good." I said and started telling George the plan.