29) Gryffindor vs Slytherin

Y/n's POV

Today was a day when the long expected first match is taking place. For the past week Gryffindors and Slytherins were constantly having smaller fights, caused by both teams, and death glares were exchange every time we saw each other in the corridors. Apparently Malfoy has also made some awful badges that 'Weasley is out king' to mock Ron and his skills. Fortunately Ron isn't in the Great Hall yet hadn't seen them or else he would lose the last bit of confidence. Fred and George, on the other hand, did and Lee and I could barely hold them back from killing Malfoy on the spot.

Finally Harry and Ron showed up on breakfast and I sat them down near me and the other team members. I was going through the tactic one more time before Fred and George complained in the same time.

"Blimey, Y/n, you're turning into Wood." They said.

"Chill out you've been repeating the tactic on every meal for the past four days." Fred said. "We know what we got to do."

"Right. Sorry. Let's eat." I said and resumed eating my eggs.

"I'm not really hungry." Ron pushed his plate away.

"Ron you need to eat." Hermione said from beside him, pulling his plate back to him.

"I said I'm not hungry."

"Ron I understand you're nervous but you need to eat. I don't want you to pass out in the middle of a game." I said. "Please eat you haven't even touched your food."

"Fine." Ron groaned.

Him and Harry were talking about the match. Harry was trying his best to ease Ron's nervousness and distract him from that bloody song. Before we knew it was time to go to the changing rooms.

"Katie you ready to step in if we need it?" I asked her, she was our reserve.

"Of course, but let's hope you wouldn't need it." She said.

Me and a whole Quidditch team plus Katie headed towards the Entrance Hall, clutching our broomsticks in our hands. Slytherins followed soon after. I was in captain's office looking at miniature modal of a Quidditch pitch and players, which Wood left here after finishing his final year. The players were enchanted to move around and simulate tactic. With one last look I exited look and everyone's head turned to me. Usually Wood would give us some sort of pep talk but I was really terrible at speeches and have no idea what to say.

"Okay so you all I'm bad at speeches." I said and they all nodded with small chuckles. "I'm just going to say this. Let's go crush them. We have the best team in school and we got this."

They all nodded and smiled. Ron was still nervous and a little shocked form a kiss Hermione landed on his cheek before we left. Let's hope his love stuck self will play good.

"At least your speech is better than Oliver's." Fred grinned jokingly at me as I stood in front of everyone. Him and George right behind me.

"Shove off, Weasley."

We exited changing rooms and walked up the entrance of the pitch, Katie going to the bent for reserves. Immediately we were greeted by Lee's voice.

"And here's the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Led by their new captain who is none other but Y/n L/n herself." Lee said in his mic and Gryffindor house erupted in cheers, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws joining them soon after. "As every year I will once again fill you in (ship name) situation, so for those who still don't know they finally got together last year. To make things short for the confused first years; they were head over heels for each other for years and finally got together. I'm really sorry for all the unfortunate lads that couldn't win Y/n's heart and attention but Gryffindor's Beater beat you to it."