"I don't do it for the praise, I do it because it's my sister and I love her," he replied, "But don't you ever fucking told her that."

I laughed. "Alright."

"Have fun. Don't do anything weird to her," he said and left to go to his room.

"Promise."

I went up the stairs following him, and stopped in front of Lexi's door. It was cracked opened.

I walked in.

Lexi was there, sleeping soundly, her breathing slow and steady.

Even if I had slept more than I generally slept last night, I still felt tired and it took all of my self control to not just go and cuddle with her back in her bed. If last night was any proof, apparently, she didn't want to murder me in her sleep.

Instead, I grabbed a Sharpie off her desk and went to work.

Part of me wanted to start drawing something really complicated and beautiful and she'd freak out, realizing that I was actually talented at something other than smirking.

But, I didn't know what I wanted to draw. And I didn't know how long I had till she woke up, so instead, I sat on the ground beside her, laid her arm flat on her bed and started to draw heart shapes with my name in it.

I laughed alone.

Writing on her arm wasn't going to do anything to convince her, so I decided to try my hand at sleep conditioning. "Blake is amazing," I whispered in a sing-song voice, "I really, really love him. I want to see him all the time. I'm obsess with him really. He thinks it's adorable, that I'm adorable. Blake's the greatest..."

I'd been holding her arm down by the wrist, but her hand moved and closed around mine.

I stopped talking and writing. I looked at her face.

Her eyes were still closed, her breathing even.

She was still sleeping.

"Hey Pumpkin, could you like, act this way when you're up, not just when you're sleeping," I whispered teasingly, gave her hand a squeeze and let it go.

I was about done writing Blake is my God on her arm when I felt her stir.

She opened her eyes, but I kept writing.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lexi asked, not panicking or anything, just like she was genuinely curious.

"I'm improving your arms," I replied with a smirk.

She appraised her improved arm and scowled. My smile grew bigger.

"This is getting into a problem," she said, sitting up.

Getting into a problem? This had been a problem for a while.

"Hey, it was that or something disgusting like peeing in your face." What? Peeing? Where did that come from? Now she was going to think I was some kind of deviant on top of everything. "If I were you I'd be thankful. And I didn't even write anything in your face... or maybe I did..." I trailed, and smirked.

Her outrage was instantaneous

She rushed to a mirror, in a panic. "Good lord, Blake, never scare me like that again," she whispered when she realized I'd been joking.

"It's all your fault Pumpkin. You have only yourself to blame. I told you I'd pick you up at two, it's like fifteen past two now," I teased her. "You brought this on yourself."