Chapter 78

Chapter 78

To say that all hell broke loose after Lexi left was an understatement.

The guys were all jumping around, screaming and howling and the ones that had managed to reach me first were shaking me and hitting me like idiots.

Honestly this felt like they were celebrating a football game win rather than me kissing the girl of my dreams.

I hadn't realized my getting together with Lexi had turned into a team effort. The celebration certainly felt like it.

"Will you guys knock it off?" I whined, but laughed, trying to get out of their grasps.

"Hoooow diiiiiid this haaaaappeeeeeen?" Cameron was whining while grabbing my arm and shaking it.

"I'm as clueless as you are," I replied, trying to entangle myself from his grasp.

And now everyone was throwing themselves on top of me, smothering me.

I eventually managed to go hide back in my room, and buried my face in my pillow to shout a couple of times without getting judged.

Had this really just happened?

With the way the guys were reacting, of course I couldn't have imagined it, but it still felt surreal.

I couldn't believe it. It would make more sense if I had actually imagined it.

I'd kissed Lexi.

No, kissed wasn't right.

That had been a lot more than a kiss.

I couldn't believe that I'd been allowed to kiss her like that, to hold her like that.

I couldn't believe that apparently my Pumpkin seemed to want me. Maybe as much as I wanted her? I shouldn't be getting too ahead of myself. It was one thing to want to make out with someone, and a whole other one to love them.

Still, I didn't think Lexi was the kind of person to take what had just happened lightly. She was an overthinker. If she'd let herself kiss me like this, it had to meant she'd thought about it before.

What the fuck had Tyler been doing? Wasn't he supposed to be my wingman? A little head's up about his sister liking me like this would have been nice.

Speaking of him, I grabbed my phone that had been charging by my bed and checked my messages.

I had apparently been added to a group chat with Josh and Tyler and there were more selfies of them than I could count, all more problematic than the other.

What the hell did I miss?

We're thinking of buying an island in the Pacific, Josh replied in the group chat.

What? I just answered.

Try to keep up Blakina, we want an island. We can take turns ruling it. Tyler replied.

You guys have issues, I answered them.

Josh ignored my response and wrote, There will be feral animals on the loose on our island, so if you're too dumb to be able to survive a bear attack, you're off the island.

And by off he means dead, Tyler sent.

Yeah, dead. You're dead, Josh added.

You just gotta make a lot of loud noise to get rid of a bear. Bears don't attack unless they really need to, Tyler replied.

I wasn't even answering anything. There was no use. Clearly, these two needed to stop spending time together.

Depends on the bear, babes, Josh wrote back.